PDA

View Full Version : New Chevy

GreginAlaska
09-25-2005, 05:30 AM
The oil company I work for just got us a new Chevy crewcab with the Duramax diesel. Our old truck had hit the 200K mark so it was time to be replaced. This new chevy is really a nice ride. It's quiet and smooth but still has a solid feel to it. I'm kind of impressed...and I'm a Ford guy! :D

Grassmechanic
09-25-2005, 10:13 AM
The oil company I work for just got us a new Chevy crewcab with the Duramax diesel. Our old truck had hit the 200K mark so it was time to be replaced. This new chevy is really a nice ride. It's quiet and smooth but still has a solid feel to it. I'm kind of impressed...and I'm a Ford guy! :D
Hey Greg, let us know how much you like it after a nice Alaska winter! :D

John_Deere Nut
09-25-2005, 11:17 PM
could u post a pic

GreginAlaska
09-26-2005, 12:45 AM

I'll do that. This is most definitely the place to give it a test. We're on the edge of the Arctic Ocean, the roads are all gravel, it's about 20 miles from camp to the plant, the vehicles are never garaged except for maintenance and they idle a lot.

GreginAlaska
09-26-2005, 12:47 AM
could u post a pic

Sure...if I can remember to take a pic of it during change out.

In fact, I might have a partial pic of it from when my co-worker was taking pics of a Polar bear this evening. I'll check.

GreginAlaska
09-26-2005, 12:54 AM
I'm not sure if this is the new one we got or if it is the bosses. I think his is a new one too but not sure.

Grassmechanic
09-26-2005, 10:01 AM
What's that wildlife doing around an oil field?? According to the "enviro-wackos", that bear has no business poking around there. Whassup with that, Greg?? Didn't the wildlife get the memo?? Next thing, they'll be telling us that caribou frequent these sites. :dizzy: When will this madness stop?? :dizzy: :D

GreginAlaska
09-26-2005, 10:26 AM
What's that wildlife doing around an oil field?? According to the "enviro-wackos", that bear has no business poking around there. Whassup with that, Greg?? Didn't the wildlife get the memo?? Next thing, they'll be telling us that caribou frequent these sites. :dizzy: When will this madness stop?? :dizzy: :D

Ya Grass, I guess you probably heard that the environazis have filed a law suit against us saying we have corrupted the wildlife to the point they no longer cooperate with the environazis. :p :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Grassmechanic
09-26-2005, 10:34 AM
Ya Grass, I guess you probably heard that the environazis have filed a law suit against us saying we have corrupted the wildlife to the point they no longer cooperate with the environazis. :p :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:D :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jpocket
09-26-2005, 01:07 PM

Whats that supposed to mean.

Grassmechanic
09-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Whats that supposed to mean.
Just that. I want to know how he likes it after a good, cold Alaska winter. What a better place to test a diesel under some of the most demanding conditions. Inquiring minds want to know!

GreginAlaska
09-27-2005, 10:36 PM
At 562 miles it started making a hi pitch whistling noise. Sounds like it is coming from under the hood. Dang

OH, I keep forgetting to take a pic during changeout.

lawnrangeralaska
10-09-2005, 03:24 AM
Gregin whats your wifes business called?