PDA

View Full Version : Fungus infestation

BillWil
09-25-2005, 11:01 AM
I am strictly in the business of mow, trim, and blow. I have a customer who has been told he has "summer patch" in his lawn. I have pointed these brown patches out to him each of the last 3 years and this month he has some people give him advice. He has had three profession services come over and give him conflicting recommendations. I told him I know nothing but will as you guys for a recommendation.

We are in Central Michigan. Should he treat with fungus killer and over seed now, or should he treat with fungus killer now and wait till spring to seed, or should he wait till spring to do both???? :help:

Turf Troll
09-25-2005, 11:50 AM
You might consider calling your cooperative extension, take a sample, you more than likely can drop the turf sample off at their drop site and have the plant pathologist give you a no charge recommendation.

timturf
09-26-2005, 12:58 PM
You might consider calling your cooperative extension, take a sample, you more than likely can drop the turf sample off at their drop site and have the plant pathologist give you a no charge recommendation.

that's the best advice

summer patch needs to be treated preventatively, start in early spring with fungicide, and certain nitrogen sources will also help with control!