PDA

View Full Version : Vigoro Fertilizers

Landscape89
09-25-2005, 08:14 PM
Does anyone use or have used Vigoro brand fertilizers? I am interested in the Winterizer for doing my fall clean ups. The info I read on it states it feeds the lawn and kills weeds through the winter, and encourages quick spring green up. Any input is appreciated!!

THANKS

lawnservice
09-25-2005, 09:06 PM
weeds can only be killed when they are actively growing.

GreenUtah
09-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Not only that, but most granular broadleaf herbicides to a poor job in comparison with a liquid app. As far as what to look for in a winterizer in the states that have snow and a long dormant period, slow release is the key. Getting nutrients under the snow blanket, slowly breaking down to become available close to the next growing season is what makes for the quick greenup in the spring. I personally would look for something that is 100% slow release granulars in a formulation appropriate to your area. K-Mart fertilizer may not fit that bill.

Garth
09-26-2005, 01:10 PM
I like Vigaro....on my ornamentals. That's only because the Ortho sales rep is a WANKER. If there was anyone who deserved a hard shag up the ol' catflap with a lit road flare it's him. I agree with Utah. Slow release is the key to winterization. Low nitrogen, high phosphorus liquid fertilizers will stimulate root growth and will in turn help plants survive better.

timturf
09-26-2005, 02:13 PM
How about posting a label