PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Rear Disharge Reviews

aussiegreg
09-25-2005, 09:45 PM
G'day Lawnies,

G'day Lawnies,

Now that the new rear discharge Hustler has been out for a while how are you're machines going ?? any problems???

Greg

T-N-T
09-25-2005, 10:05 PM
demoed one last week I think it is a great machine love the way it cuts at any speed didnt like the way it left grass laying but that could be fixed by dragging something like a rubber belt to stripe with since it dosnt do that to
well we run hustlers and I wouldnt have any other and have had others no comparison. Thinking about getting two nest season if we can stripe with them

Tonyr
09-25-2005, 11:16 PM
demoed one last week I think it is a great machine love the way it cuts at any speed didnt like the way it left grass laying but that could be fixed by dragging something like a rubber belt to stripe with since it dosnt do that to well

Realising it has 1 counter rotating blade.....would Gator blades improve the clipping dispersal by reducing air flow somewhat and by reducing clipping size?

Is there a counter rotating mulch blade even on the market?

and like said....maybe a rubber belt/mat may even things out ok....improve the finish on those jobs where the final look needs to be above average.

I too would like to hear from others about these mowers as I truly think they have a certain future in our industry. I'm surprised members here aren't really that interested in these decks so far, rear discharge, they are very productive, safe, dual side trim, excellent stringer cut, very versatile, very fast.

Tonyr
09-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Bump..............................

John Gamba
09-29-2005, 05:55 PM
Bump..............................

BUMP back :p

gargoyle7417
09-29-2005, 05:58 PM
I tested one of these out one weekend actually for the mini hustler and it sucked , I had to stop frequently bbecause of the lack of fan, the grass clippings would get stuck in the tube on it's way and if your going at a good speed be careful if you hit a bump because one of you discharge bags might fall off, that my humble opinion I ended up with the gravely 144z

John Gamba
09-29-2005, 06:03 PM
I tested one of these out one weekend actually for the mini hustler and it sucked , I had to stop frequently bbecause of the lack of fan, the grass clippings would get stuck in the tube on it's way and if your going at a good speed be careful if you hit a bump because one of you discharge bags might fall off, that my humble opinion I ended up with the gravely 144z

What model?

Tonyr
09-29-2005, 06:06 PM
ER.....what has that machine you demoed got to do with the machine that is the topic of this thread?

** new rear discharge Hustler **

Tonyr
09-29-2005, 06:12 PM
A pic of the New Hustler Rear Discharge Diesel from my demo in July.

TClawn
09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
them tires look awfully shiny. does the rear discharge put the clippings behind the wheels, or does it just drop it out the back?

they need some sort of articulating dispersal like they have on the walkers when you take the back cover off.

Tonyr
09-29-2005, 06:31 PM
I really wish Greg was here to answer as he bought one I only demoed.

off memory, 60% went between the tyres, and 20% down under each tyre.

in my demo in normal mowing the finish was ecceptable, in the long heavy stuff it made a windrow down the middle.....but in those conditions it was acceptable.

I thought the machine handled well, I enjoyed the 7 hour demo lol!

If we had 60'' deck models in the country at the time I would of bought one.

From my demo, I found no faults or issues, very well built, smooth, overall it was good.

Why these new rear discharge ZTR's aren't more popular surprises me, they are much better than the old ones.

John Gamba
09-29-2005, 06:41 PM
them tires look awfully shiny. does the rear discharge put the clippings behind the wheels, or does it just drop it out the back?

they need some sort of articulating dispersal like they have on the walkers when you take the back cover off.

They did, the 260K

LASTEC
09-29-2005, 08:55 PM
I can't wait to show you guy's our new 61" Articulator.

The deck Artculates, it has side discharge or rear discharge or ture mulch all in the same deck. Rops standard, foot controls as well as hand controls,

this deck has more options then any other deck.

come see it at the show Louisville, ky booth 1801