PDA

View Full Version : opinion on letter

bobbygedd
09-26-2005, 07:44 AM
dear customer: we have experienced one of the worst heat/dry periods in recent history. as a result, the lawns have suffered terribly, there are more weeds and drought damage than expected, and leaves have been falling for months. if you have aeration scheduled in your fertilizing program, this procedure has been put on hold until we recieve enough rain to make the ground workable, and the procedure succesful. as far as the leaves are concerned for the remainder of the scheduled GRASS CUTTING visits, the following will occur: if you are on a flat monthly payment plan, your property will be visited every 2-3 weeks, to be cleaned and cut, and you will be billed at the full monthly rate. some of our clients have "minor housekeeping" fees incorporated into thier payments, in most cases, the time spent cleaning the excessive debris due to drought conditions, has far exceeded that fee. in some cases, where thatching and seeding has not been incorporated into your payments, but is now neccesary, we will provide this as a "trade off" for missed grass cutting visits during the drought period. for our customers that are billed on a "per cut" basis, the following will occur: we will visit your property every 2-3 weeks as needed for grass cutting. if there are leaves on the lawn, there will be an extra fee to pick them up, or, run over them several times to mulch them. at the beggining of the season, your property was quoted a certain price for a certain amount of time spent to complete service. if weather conditions beyond our control have caused this "time spent" to be excessive, we must charge accordingly. "accordingly" is defined as - time spent, as well as disposal. if you have no trees/leaves on your property, this has no effect on your billing. if you have any questions, please call @. or email @

olderthandirt
09-26-2005, 08:04 AM
Gets the message across, and sound OK to me. Mail it out and and get ready for the calls for the ones that just don't understand its a business decision.

bobbygedd
09-26-2005, 08:18 AM
yea, i already got one, from a customer, who i left a voicemail for. she is on a flat monthly fee. the place is covered in leaves(backyard only). i told her, we would come every 3 weeks, cut front and back, and blow back into woods, in exchange for the standard monthly fee. the blowjob in the back is at least a 25 minute ordeal. she calls and says, "nope, it's just not neccesary to charge me extra for leaves. skip the grass when it doesn't need it, and adjust the bill accordingly. i paid you for a spring cleanup, how many times do you think i'm going to pay you to clean leaves???(in a harsh tone)" what a funny lady. does she really believe she is going to see me again? i bet i fire at least 6-7 customers over this. they just think i'm supposed to work for free

daveintoledo
09-26-2005, 09:13 AM
easy to understand and to the point

BryPaulD
09-26-2005, 09:33 AM
If she's on a flat monthly, and you you only cut her once, didn't she understand the trade off thing? She will however need a "fall leaf clean" You could then add in an additional few bucks on that bill for some extra time you spent previously cleaning leaves already and she may never know. ;)

bobbygedd
09-26-2005, 09:41 AM
If she's on a flat monthly, and you you only cut her once, didn't she understand the trade off thing? She will however need a "fall leaf clean" You could then add in an additional few bucks on that bill for some extra time you spent previously cleaning leaves already and she may never know. ;)
read the letter again. it says, "for the remaining GRASS CUTTING VISITS". grasscutting, is contracted from april, thru october. then, leaf cleaning starts. she will most certainly need leaf cleaning in november

BryPaulD
09-26-2005, 09:48 AM
right, that's what I was saying. It sounded to me that she thought she was going to be billed for this early clean up with all the leaves now. You spending the 25 mins extra now instead of just mowing. Tell her no, I'm not charging extra now, it's a trade for cutting less times right now. She'll say Oh, ok. Then when Nov. hits and you really do a fall clean up, tack a few extra bucks in the bill as a way of compensating for the PITA now. She will never know?