PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in new blower

Fubba
09-27-2005, 01:23 AM
I recently bought the Stihl BR600. In the manual, it says not to run the engine at full rpm's until after you have filled up three times. Some of you may say, sure follow the manual. However, in my FS80R manual, it says the same thing. The tanks have a fairly noticeable difference in size. How long did you (owners) break yours in? I did this with my FS80 as the manual said. I just want to know about the BR600. If so, it's going to be awhile before I can see it's true power.

Premo Services
09-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Yup, I would follow the manual. It will not take very long to get rid of the 3 tanks of fuel either... :dizzy:

BSDeality
09-27-2005, 08:44 AM
be sure to vary the RPM's a lot, do not pin it at one speed for long periods of time.

Petr51488
09-27-2005, 02:23 PM
So the best thing would be to let it just sit through 3 tanks? at different speeds but not full?

Lawn Masters
09-27-2005, 02:46 PM
I just run my machines like an older unit, run it like any other unit you use regularly. dont rev it excessively, but dont baby it either.

Jpocket
09-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Run that b*tch WOT...don't let up on it. "Break em in hard and they'll run hard" :)

Jason Rose
09-27-2005, 11:53 PM
I just avoid running them at WOT for an extended period of time at first. Vary the throttle speed too. I have an Echo 603, 3 years old and runs like brand new today! Also have a couple sthil handhelds. Both of these are tempermental as hell in the heat, but I blame the ethanol in all the fuel now.

proenterprises
09-28-2005, 09:14 AM
When I bought my Stihl br420 magnum, I did the same. When I first got it, I ran it at idle for 30 mins, and for the next tank or so just varried the throttle speed.

beaver
09-28-2005, 05:34 PM
I just got a br 600 as well. For break in period i am varying throttle. I did not go to full throttle (alright for 2 seconds to see its power... :) ). I only have .75 of a tank to go. Just do what the manual says, 3 tanks isn't that much time. Good luck w/ your new blower :waving:

Maitland Man
09-28-2005, 08:22 PM
...then it's WOT after that!!!!

Dennis :)

dcondon
09-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Run that b*tch WOT...don't let up on it. "Break em in hard and they'll run hard" :)

just what you say........... They rip the screen out of the exhacust :)

wacamaster
09-28-2005, 09:53 PM
I never read owners manuals.. you should be out getting more accounts if you have time for that. I've always ran my blowers full throttle right off the bat. If you've got time to dick around with that throttle on turtle you need more accounts too. But since you did buy a stihl.. you might want to take it ez because they are a POS. Only Stihl I ever bought was a chainsaw.. and that's because that's the only brand out there really.. needless to say it's my worst running piece of equipment.

beaver
09-28-2005, 11:37 PM
I never read owners manuals.. you should be out getting more accounts if you have time for that. I've always ran my blowers full throttle right off the bat. If you've got time to dick around with that throttle on turtle you need more accounts too. But since you did buy a stihl.. you might want to take it ez because they are a POS. Only Stihl I ever bought was a chainsaw.. and that's because that's the only brand out there really.. needless to say it's my worst running piece of equipment.

Ummmmmm.... ok. Stihl makes very good products. Try doing a search to see how many LCO's run stihl. I run redmax and stihl and have had no trouble with either.