PDA

View Full Version : Pics of a J.D 21'' Side Discharge Blades Please?

Tonyr
09-27-2005, 03:28 AM
Hi,

Please post pics of as many John Deere 21'' blade types as yas can, I can't find pics on the deere website, and would like to see what is available that may be good on my J.D.

Side discharge and mulch blades please!

And comments too! lol

Envy Lawn Service
09-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Tonyr,

What's the center hole size on John Deere blades?
In inches if possible.

I'm hoping for another source of 3/4" center hole 21" blades.

Tonyr
09-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi Mate,

I don't know....as I'm spacing the blades below the spindle shoulder a 5/8 centre hole e.g toro blades fit well.

I don't know the stock centre hole size, the manual is very general, no specs are given.

Thats one thing I liked about the toro, an opperators manual and a parts manual, I never got a parts manual from J.D.....apparently they don't supply these to clients, all info is online. and thats pretty ordinary too.

Online in the parts and equipt. search area, I finally found they have listed my 997, but not blades, all part numbers find one blade, useless as an ashtray on a motorbike!

Toro had a lot better system.

The standard blades for the 997 are curved, the toro's are flat, other blades can be curved or flat, doesn't matter, except curved blades have to have the 23mm hole.

Do you know what blades the SD 7 iron decks use?

Envy Lawn Service
09-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Tonyr,

The 7 Iron center hole is 29/32" as it turns out I am told.
Other MFG's just call it 3/4"

So, I'm thinking I might be able to use JD blades on the Lesco if I want to experiment.
I may pick up a set just to see how the formed shape matches up.

Tonyr
09-27-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm keen to know if J.D makes a 21'' or 20.5'' blade, curved or flat that has the sail corner tip raised, like the toro recycle blade, guides the clippings inward, not just cut and throw like a notched highlift....

these blades always worked better for me on my toro, and just maybe they could work great on the j.d...

if no j.d blade exists, I'll buy a set of toro recycles....

buggers me....toro make 6 blade types for the TFD, and they are all good, yet big massive john deere it seems only makes one blade.....they are losing lots of bucks not making different types, like one blade does not suit all people in all conditions!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm sure there are 3 blades for a 60'' j.d deck, there is a special 'Europe' blade, a mulch blade, and the curved high lift.....but the web site won't show them, and my dealer hasn't got a clue about em....

C'mon you guys running deere's, please show me what blades ya running, we are here to help each other aren't we?

Tonyr
09-28-2005, 06:43 PM
C'mon you guys running deere's, please show me what blades ya running, we are here to help each other aren't we?

What?? I gotta bribe yas now lol?

just a pic of ya blades is all I'm asking.....surely thats not to much to ask is it?

PULEASE.....lol. :D

Envy Lawn Service
09-28-2005, 11:16 PM
What?? I gotta bribe yas now lol?

just a pic of ya blades is all I'm asking.....surely thats not to much to ask is it?

PULEASE.....lol. :D

Maybe a dual bribe would help payup :p

I would like to see pics of said blade styles also....

Tonyr
09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
bloody unbelievable.....

kinda thought a request like this would be an easy ask, pics comin' in everywhere, especially as there are a lot of blokes running 60'' deere decks on this forum.

oh....i got it....I pizzed em all off when I was whining about my deere overheating and how deere usa didn't want to talk to a lower class aussie wally, and in all of that the deere guys here thought I was outa line, now I'm getting the silent treatment, ha ha ha.

of course I'm kidding, but geeeze, kinda gets me thinking :p ;)

Tonyr
09-28-2005, 11:31 PM
and while I'm on a roll...lol.

why doesn't deere have a more informative website??

I mean, no pics of blades....c'mon, rediculous!

why not more pics and info about these new rear discharge decks?

like, why do they make a 72'' rear discharge similar to mine, and a 72'' ''fastback'' model? The difference is where the middle blade is, but why have 2 models?

Why not drop the secrets and show under deck shots like other manufacturers do?

More pics, more info would save a lot of un necessary questions, imo.

If a client contacts em, why can't they just help, instead of the stupid arrogant pass ya off attitude, which really bites ya when you are a new client....

off soapbox now :D

back to pics, puuuuuuulease :help:

Tonyr
09-29-2005, 05:09 PM
hmmmmm, secretive bunch aren't yas!

must be a deere thing....snobby uncommunative company towards clients, and deere owners can't give me a couple of minutes of their time to show me blades.....what is it, buy a green mower and you are on some higher bloody level or something?

Forget the question, I could care less what blades yas run.

I try to be helpful here, back in my toro days.....yet when I have J.D questions I'm egnored, Thanks guys. Ya time must be so valuable :) :rolleyes: