PDA

View Full Version : Is this unheard of?????????

The Curious Porpoise
09-27-2005, 07:03 AM
is it unheard of to ask customers to sign a contract for leaf removal?? Leaf clean-up in my town is a giant mess, and i know i can make some serious cash hitting up my neighborhood. i live in the type of town that u need to do raking at least a few times throughout the fall season, because waiting until the last leaf pickup date (my town has 2 or 3 leaf collection dates) isn't really possible... all that to say, my idea was to create a contract stating that 4 (is this a good number??) evenly spaced leaf cleanups would be performed up and into december (so that by this time the bulk of the leaves have already fallen)... thoughts? previous experiences?

bobbygedd
09-27-2005, 07:49 AM
i asked in a previous post what part of jersey u r from. i will offer no advice till i get an answer

dishboy
09-27-2005, 09:52 AM
i asked in a previous post what part of jersey u r from. i will offer no advice till i get an answer

Oh come on Bob, Everybody is holding their breath waiting for your advise.

grasswhacker
09-27-2005, 09:54 AM

I guess he doesn't want it that bad. :laugh:

DGM
09-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Yes good idea if you can sell it and they will buy it then do it! Having a contract is good for a few reasons. For one you will know how much work you are adding to your schedule and what your gross is looking like for the season.

Runner
09-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Well, I don't think you have to worry about a "competition" thing too much. It's not like you can do all the mowing and clean-ups in Jersey. Anyway, a swervice agreement is not a bad idea. Atleast this way, you have ammo to be able to collect your money.

Howard Roark
09-27-2005, 12:09 PM

There is a curiosity about the "Curious Porpoise".

sheshovel
09-27-2005, 12:12 PM
Gosh don't tell him or he will be in your neighborhood in a flash to take your potential customers cash!

Nosmo
09-27-2005, 12:23 PM
She could be right but I heard Bobby cruises neighborhoods as far away as Montana on the weekends looking for new business.

Nosmo

The Curious Porpoise
09-27-2005, 03:36 PM
bobbygedd, what county do u live/service in... lol, don't wanna show all my cards at once...

but back to the real reason for this post... has anyone ever used contracts for leaf cleanup? what type of things are specified in these contracts and how do u space out your services?