PDA

View Full Version : Bidding

bowtiedmax
09-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Hello everyone,

I am sure you guys are going to say here is another guy asking the same question but here I go.
What is the process for bidding a big commercial lot for mowing? Here is what I have come up with.
*Bid amount per cut. This will include mow,trim, blow and trimming.
*Bid a hourly amount plus material for mulching and spring clean up.
*Any "other" stuff will be quoted per request.

Does this look o.k. / normal

*This is a very large amount of grass and not a ton of beds but there is about 30 new trees that will need mulch around them, and some islands in the parking lots.
*What about stuff like round up ? Is this just something you add to a montly bill or do you need to include amounts in the bid ?
*What about aeration ? Is this a set amount detalied in the bid? Or can I give a hourly rate for this service up front?

I have been doing commericial snow plowing for a while now. And now I want to get into the mowing part of it. I have been bidding smaller places as I bid the plowing but now I have a couple large places that want a mowing bids this week because they want to award the both together. (hence the reason I want to start mowing).

I belong to a couple of other forum sites. And these types of sites always seemed to help in the past. Thanks for any help!!!

ed2hess
09-27-2005, 08:26 PM
A commericial bid needs to be low, don't include things like mulch and aeration, unless they specify it. You bid the other stuff like mulch per bag, irrigation per/hr, no tree trimming, no pest control, no fungus control, all that stuff is extra as needed. Flowers are bid at price per tray. All that clean up stuff is just folded in as part of the number of mows per year. You are expected to keep weeds out of the bed, we use pre-m spread twice a year and round-up as needed and that is included. Controlling the irrigation is part of the bid and usually includes 4 checks per year.