View Full Version : Rolled Hay?

09-27-2005, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know where to buy this "rolled hay", that has seedlings into them? I see the road crews up here using them when making new roads. I stopped and asked one day and the guy told me that it was a secret. Maybe he saw my trailer with my stuff and thought to be an a**hole. Anyways let me know,thanks. It looks to be about a 4 foot wide peice and about 20 feet long. :waving:

Metro Lawn
09-27-2005, 09:13 PM
saw some at Home Depot.. I am sure others have it as well

09-27-2005, 09:16 PM
WHAT Home Depot? really where? In the home and garden I'd would think!

Wolfie's L&L
09-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Just as a warning, this stuff is a pain in the arse if you ever have to do any raking around it. The netting usually gets tangled in and around the rake and its a mess to get out, as I have experienced personally. But on a better note, I've seen that the seeds germinate quicker with it compared to loose seed that has been spread by hand.


09-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Yep.. Home Depot... saw it today

09-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Leanards and most nursery outlets carry it. Can be very cost prohibited unless its use for erosion control. Do a search on the net for Curlex