PDA

View Full Version : Better Plugr tines?

selaeration
09-27-2005, 10:21 PM
I love the plugr and now have 3 but I hate the tines. They jam up easily and shatter when they hit a rock. Does anyone have a different tine they use with the Plugr?
Thanks

turfsurfer
09-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Hey Mark, is this you? How's your season going? Aerations are way up around me due to all the insect damage. PM me. Sorry can't help with the Plugr tines. I hear they're coming out with a hydro drive model. May pick one up if they have them at the OTF show in December. Had not heard anyone mention that problem with the tines shattering. Does it happen often?

onebreezer
12-28-2010, 08:38 AM
anyone know of a plugr tine aftermarket?

Exact Rototilling
01-01-2011, 03:47 PM
anyone know of a plugr tine aftermarket?

There was a poster here who welded the beak type found on rolling tine aerators but unless you're a welder probably not economically worth it or time feasible. There was a seller on eBay who sold plugr tines for dirt cheap. Seemed too good to be true at the time. Haven't seen plugr tines on eBay for years.

Recent generation tines for the Plugr don't shatter but they do wear out quickly. If I had the manufacturing ability or connections to do so I'd sell greatly improved tines for Plugr on eBay myself. It would a great opportunity to get out of doing aerations and just do the sell picks and shovels to the gold miners. payup