PDA

View Full Version : Honda Belt or Shaft drive push mowers?

terryk
09-28-2005, 10:06 AM
Any problems with the Honda 'belt drive' mowers, the belt itself? I like the features of the HRX but concerned about the belt. Had a Masters with three speed and it worked great but gave it to our son when they needed a mower, been using the riding John Deere since. Think I will get the Hydrostat this time.

john_incircuit
09-28-2005, 12:11 PM
We have a couple of John Deere 63 belt drive mowers. The belt is a maintenance item, approx all 5 or 8 hrs we have to open up the plastic cover and clean out the compacted grass that collects around the rear pulley.

John

ed2hess
09-28-2005, 07:38 PM
I had a problem with the shaft drive, the shaft froze up and would not slide consequently I couldn't't lower the mower all the way down. In fall we scalp the lawns for over-seeding and had to replace the shaft.

lawnboy dan
10-16-2005, 10:01 PM
just leave the covers off and blow it out after each use.end of problem. i have a shaft drive honda and have had more trouble with the shaft itsself. wont buy another. few problems with the rest of the mower .love the hydro but hondas cant mulch to my standards so i dont use them any more