PDA

View Full Version : Exmarks stand on sulky

John Gamba
09-28-2005, 01:57 PM
Has anyone used it?? how do you like it.

John

mcwlandscaping
09-28-2005, 02:17 PM
I forget who, but someone on here awhile ago said they got one and loved it. Expensive though. They liked the fact that it latched to the engine deck rather than the control panel and was easier to remove than anything else they had used before. Just relaying information, Good Luck!

John Gamba
09-28-2005, 02:20 PM
I forget who, but someone on here awhile ago said they got one and loved it. Expensive though. They liked the fact that it latched to the engine deck rather than the control panel and was easier to remove than anything else they had used before. Just relaying information, Good Luck!

Thanks :waving: I have a friend that asked me about it. I have never heard anything.

John

jbell113
09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Personally I hate em....tell ya why...there terrible in wet grass because the wheel is encased and wet grass will clog in the top of the enclosure and the wheel will slide and not roll. I know your going to say dont cut wet grass but when there's no choice you got to do it. Other than that it really is a nice sulky but there needs to be a latch on top to pull the cover off and unclog the grass. You cant unclog other than taking the wheel off.

John Gamba
09-28-2005, 08:29 PM
Personally I hate em....tell ya why...there terrible in wet grass because the wheel is encased and wet grass will clog in the top of the enclosure and the wheel will slide and not roll. I know your going to say dont cut wet grass but when there's no choice you got to do it. Other than that it really is a nice sulky but there needs to be a latch on top to pull the cover off and unclog the grass. You cant unclog other than taking the wheel off.

Yeah sounds like a Velky :cry: I cut wet grass today! On a rider :D

John Gamba
10-02-2005, 11:09 AM

Jbell
Do you like how it hooks to the engines deck?? does it handle better since its mounted lower on the mower?? less front lift??

Thanks John

MTR
10-02-2005, 12:46 PM
Yeah, it looks and actually is well buit but it is one wheel which will not work on lawns that want to leave nice stripe, and will clog if you cut in the rain which I normally do due to tight schedule. I have tried them at dealer and not think of a word or anything for a price you can buy a BP blower!
Bullrider, or Velke x2 all the way.

John Gamba
10-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Yeah, it looks and actually is well buit but it is one wheel which will not work on lawns that want to leave nice stripe, and will clog if you cut in the rain which I normally do due to tight schedule. I have tried them at dealer and not think of a word or anything for a price you can buy a BP blower!
Bullrider, or Velke x2 all the way.

I'm thinking about the wheel mark mite get covered by the striping roller????
Its just a theory now.
John

fastlane
10-02-2005, 07:36 PM
I have not used the Xmart stand on, but I loaned my Xmart sit down to someone for a week while thier stand on was being fixed.( they backed over it with truck) He liked the sit down better and now owns one. No place for grass to clod.

John Gamba
10-02-2005, 08:24 PM
I have not used the Xmart stand on, but I loaned my Xmart sit down to someone for a week while thier stand on was being fixed.( they backed over it with truck) He liked the sit down better and now owns one. No place for grass to clod.

I had two of those. They work very good but if you are doing pros with alot of hills, It takes time to remove it and put it on later.

Thank you
John

Rhett
10-02-2005, 08:51 PM
The mounting does seem to help with the front end lifting up . only down sides I have found with a whole two days mowing are lack of clearance loading unloading from trailer and compared to a proslide my feet are killing me.

fastlane
10-02-2005, 10:21 PM
I had two of those. They work very good but if you are doing pros with alot of hills, It takes time to remove it and put it on later.

Thank you
John
Takes 2 seconds and only 1 hand to take off. about5 seconds to put on.

GLADULANDSCPING
10-02-2005, 10:44 PM
i have the 2 wheeled ungle jim selky for my exmark. works great even in the rain, and makes stripes with the lil plat form u stand on.

Kelly's Landscaping
10-03-2005, 12:08 AM
Have one on my 36 tthp its the exmark EZrider the thing rules our velkey sits and gets dust on her. The EZrider has tapered roller bearings 13-inch non-flat wheel it weights about 50 pounds. Very well built unlike sulky and velkey it has 2 features I love it has a pair of spring loaded pins to connect to the mower. You can squeeze them both in one hand and youíre disconnected its that fast 2 seconds. The part I really love is the transport mode or backing up you need only life it and it instantly locks on the up position you do not do anything else. You can lock her either left or right to take her down pull on another spring loaded pin your ready to go. Was nearly $400 I choked when I heard that I would not go with out it now itís the best stand behind rider I have ever seen.

John Gamba
10-03-2005, 06:45 AM
Takes 2 seconds and only 1 hand to take off. about5 seconds to put on.

I'm saying when you have to leave it at the bottom of the hill and you end up on top of the hill. I found i was always going to get it.

John

John Gamba
10-03-2005, 06:57 AM
Have one on my 36 tthp its the exmark EZrider the thing rules our velkey sits and gets dust on her. The EZrider has tapered roller bearings 13-inch non-flat wheel it weights about 50 pounds. Very well built unlike sulky and velkey it has 2 features I love it has a pair of spring loaded pins to connect to the mower. You can squeeze them both in one hand and youíre disconnected its that fast 2 seconds. The part I really love is the transport mode or backing up you need only life it and it instantly locks on the up position you do not do anything else. You can lock her either left or right to take her down pull on another spring loaded pin your ready to go. Was nearly $400 I choked when I heard that I would not go with out it now itís the best stand behind rider I have ever seen.

Kelly :waving:

How is the handling when its in the (up) mode. Does it bang back and forth? Does it make the front end lite.

Do you run the striping roller. If you do will the roller help cover up the wheel mark.

John

Rhett
10-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Hey John, It does not bang back and forth when stowed in the up position. For long legged users it might be a leg bumping caution when stowed.

Kelly's Landscaping
10-03-2005, 08:14 PM
No itís locked no movement at all that is what I also like about it no damage to any of your other equipment from the velkey swinging back and forth.

John Gamba
12-04-2005, 08:32 AM
. only down sides I have found with a whole two days mowing are lack of clearance loading unloading from trailer and compared to a proslide my feet are killing me.

Rhett

Do your feet still kill you after mowing or are they use to the sulky??

John

John Gamba
12-04-2005, 08:34 AM

Jbell

Do you think a scraper type thing on the bottom of the back of the housing would help keep the grass from getting into the housing and clogging it???

John

Rhett
12-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Hey John, Feet got used to it. Loading and unloading just leave it in the riding position and not more scraping. On the larger lawns where there is little backing up and tight areas still like the feel of the proslide but on most really starting to perfer the easy rider.

John Gamba
12-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Hey John, Feet got used to it. Loading and unloading just leave it in the riding position and not more scraping. On the larger lawns where there is little backing up and tight areas still like the feel of the proslide but on most really starting to perfer the easy rider.

Thank you. It must be Quicker in the turns then the pro.

John

JKOOPERS
12-04-2005, 06:30 PM
if it had 2 wheels i would buy 2 of them right now . i demoed it at the expo in louisville and was impressed with the ease of maintenance only 1 or 2 grease fittings if i remember correctly . i think it is very well built. when i was at the expo i asked one of the exmark reps why doesnt it have 2 wheels he said there really wasnt a demand for it and they basically built it for Brickman .

John Gamba
12-04-2005, 06:34 PM
if it had 2 wheels i would buy 2 of them right now . i demoed it at the expo in louisville and was impressed with the ease of maintenance only 1 or 2 grease fittings if i remember correctly . i think it is very well built. when i was at the expo i asked one of the exmark reps why doesnt it have 2 wheels he said there really wasnt a demand for it and they basically built it for Brickman .

I like how it hooks up to the mower. I also like how it sits or is mounted low on the mower. I also like how it will not flip back and forth.

John

K c m
12-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Has anyone used it?? how do you like it.

John

Ya man I have one for my 48"metro. Its fenominal with its big wheel. In the beginning i had a problem with the striping looked a little different with my stripes. but if u just drag your heals on either side of the wheel it eliminates all problems.

K c m
12-04-2005, 06:39 PM

You are wrong. THis isn't even an issue period. IF you had one you would know that what you said isn't true.

iluvscag
12-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Doesn't back up very well always turn to right.:)

John Gamba
12-04-2005, 06:56 PM
Doesn't back up very well always turn to right.:)

Lean the other way:D

iluvscag
12-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Or get a ProSlide-XT.:p

John Gamba
12-04-2005, 07:23 PM
Or get a ProSlide-XT.:p

Been there Did that:p :waving: