PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Removal/Mulching?

rookie03
09-28-2005, 02:41 PM
Leaves are beginning to fall and I have a question. Should I send out a letter stating 10% increase if they want leaves mulched up? If they want leaves removed it will be $40/hr? How should I go about doing this? Should I offer them a one time cleanup fee at the end of year also? HELP!

rookie03
09-28-2005, 03:20 PM
Also, it would help if someone has a Leaf Cleanup letter! I know there are plenty of lawn maintenance letters, but anyone have a letter for Leaf Cleanup? Thanks!

waffletown20
09-28-2005, 07:10 PM
This is what I sent and virtually everyone is on board.

Mr. and Mrs. Soandso:

The leaves are beginning to fall so here are some of the leaf cleanup services I offer. To maintain the health and appearance of your lawn I will remove the leaves from mulched beds, driveways, walkways, and turf. I charge $40 an hour for any extra time that is spent cleaning up leaves. I will remove them by blowing the leaves from the beds onto the turf and then bagging them. If the leaves do not fall heavily in an area, I will use the mower to chop them up and return them to the turf. I would recommend removing the leaves from the turf weekly and from the beds biweekly or when needed. If you choose to rake the leaves yourself I would request that you do so before the scheduled mowing day (Thursday / Friday). Please let me know which if any services you would like. Thanks!

Mack77
09-28-2005, 08:24 PM
Waffletown: Are you solo? I am looking to charge that same $40/hr amount in addition to a grass cut. This is how you are handling it i assume? You said all your customers are on board for this cleanup service you offer...they don't get scared away by the price?

Thanks!

GrassBustersLawn
09-28-2005, 08:25 PM
10% increase to mulch up leaves????

I go 50% on mine. You will need GATOR BLADES & a OCDC/chute. Those both cost EXTRA, so the CLIENT SHOULD PAY EXTRA! Also, it does take a LITTLE more TIME to windrow. So CLIENT PAYS for that too! Personally, I BACK OVER the windrows as the leaves get chopped up finer that way.

To haul off, I charge $60 per hour PLUS dump fee.

Mike