PDA

View Full Version : Some stepping stones I cast

sheshovel
09-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Here's some stepping stones I casted in barrel hoops.
They are real easy to make with some concrete mix and some color,I cast these on the ground.Sold for
35.00 each delivery included.The path looks like it does at the other end because that's how the cust wanted it, as customers can sometimes be.

Green-Pro
09-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Loohs great! I am thinking of getting into casting some patterned steps like that also.... if I can find the dang time...and a bigger bottle of Mt. Dew LOL

Looks good

-Geoff

Amco Landscaping
09-28-2005, 09:52 PM
How do you make these?

sheshovel
09-29-2005, 03:00 AM
You just mix a small bag of concrete in a wheelbarrow,about 1 bag per stone.
have three or howevermany wine barrel hoops(the hoops that hold the barrel staves together)setting on level raked ground or on plywood.
In the sun...Shovel the concrete mix into the barrel hoops,to the very top.Tapping the hoops to help settle it..trowel off & smooth out level.
Let sit for 15 min or so add a sprinkling of your color.
blend that in a circular motion tell nicely even color.
The go have a few beers and let set for an hour or so.Then just scratch out your lines with a brush.After that I let them sit in the hoops for at least 3 days in and remove the hoops and there you have them. WHEW!

kris
09-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Hey...those look very nice :waving:

sheshovel
09-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks kris,good to see ya around again

Lux Lawn
09-29-2005, 02:39 PM
Looks good.What kind of coloring do you use,and where would you buy it?

sheshovel
09-30-2005, 03:21 AM
Bought it at the rock yard,same place sells mulch and planting mix ect,but you can get it at most hardware stores,
I don't remember the brand because this color was some I had around that was unlabled in a plastic bag.The color it looks dry is pretty much the color you get when you trowel it in.

LiL Hustler
10-04-2005, 08:27 PM
Very nice looking work. Great ideal for those slow times. Make some up and sell them with or without install.

Sheri