PDA

View Full Version : dead or not?

Frontier-Lawn
09-28-2005, 06:23 PM
i think dead......... today i was at a pub having lunch and the guy next to me saw my shirt and asked if he killed his grass. he cut st. augustine grass a 1". what was he thinking. he said now its all brown. i felt like taking his mower and telling him never to touch it again. :angry:

lawnmaniac883
09-28-2005, 08:56 PM
The root base is now exposed. There isnt much hope for the grass unless it is watered 1'' a day atleast...the sun will burn the base badly and kill off most of it. What the hell was he thinking?

Frontier-Lawn
09-28-2005, 09:16 PM
he moved here 2 weeks ago from up north

lawnmaniac883
09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
LOL, thats funny, guess he didnt check out his neighbors lawn before sawing his grass to pieces hehe.

Precision
09-28-2005, 09:33 PM
sounds like an opportunity to sell the guy a re-sod job and some mowing instructions.

Frontier-Lawn
09-28-2005, 09:37 PM
sounds like an opportunity to sell the guy a re-sod job and some mowing instructions.
i like the last part payup as for the sod for just me it would take all week

lawnmaniac883
09-28-2005, 09:38 PM
You should figure out where he lives and get some pics. I would love to see the burnt grass with a proud murray 21'' wb owner beside it lmao.

TClawn
09-28-2005, 09:49 PM
what are you talking about? the grass shouldn't die totally from that. infact, that is done on purpose right before you verticutt. I would tell him water it every day for a week, and then tail it off slowly to the normal watering schedule. he will probably experience a 20% die back, but it should fill in pretty quickly. give a good dose of fery too. maybe even liquid fert to get it back quicker.

Frontier-Lawn
09-28-2005, 09:53 PM
i gave him my card. so he may call. if i do se him again ill talk to him more about it.

Precision
09-28-2005, 10:04 PM
i like the last part payup as for the sod for just me it would take all week
na, get the sod delivered and placed then you can throw 8-10 pallets solo in a day. I know, I've done it. And if you get a couple of helpers, you can greatly increase efficiency. with 2 helpers, I have done 6 pallets in 2 hours.

for Floratam, I charge $275 per pallet. delivered and installed. Any ground prep, weed or grass killing, rototilling, leveling are extra. My cost delivered is just under $100 per pallet plus $25 delivery fee regardless of quantity.

If you do the resod, then water schedule is am and pm for 2 weeks at 1 inch, then am or pm for 2 weeks at 1 inch then every other day 1 inch for a week then regular watering schedule. Anything less and risk die back.

I also include(extra charge) a chinchbug treatment after the sod has been down for 30 days.

Good luck.

The client might get by if he just follows that watering schedule from his scalping and if temps stay below 90 and cloudy. Just introduce him to cutting at the highest setting his mower has.

jaemax
09-28-2005, 11:04 PM
na, get the sod delivered and placed then you can throw 8-10 pallets solo in a day. I know, I've done it. And if you get a couple of helpers, you can greatly increase efficiency. with 2 helpers, I have done 6 pallets in 2 hours.

for Floratam, I charge $275 per pallet. delivered and installed. Any ground prep, weed or grass killing, rototilling, leveling are extra. My cost delivered is just under $100 per pallet plus $25 delivery fee regardless of quantity.

If you do the resod, then water schedule is am and pm for 2 weeks at 1 inch, then am or pm for 2 weeks at 1 inch then every other day 1 inch for a week then regular watering schedule. Anything less and risk die back.

I also include(extra charge) a chinchbug treatment after the sod has been down for 30 days.

Good luck.

The client might get by if he just follows that watering schedule from his scalping and if temps stay below 90 and cloudy. Just introduce him to cutting at the highest setting his mower has.
This is great just took a sod job today. Haven't a clue really about laying the floratam. Job about 3 pallets so not big. Guy lives on Boca Grande Fl so soil is very sandy. There has obviously had the grass down before but a few years ago. His reason it died off is lack of irrigation and it got a flood from the sea during Charlie last August. Wow that just the post I was looking for.
Will the grass take on a sandy bass? will I have to kill everything first? there on only remenants of Floratam there at the moment.