PDA

View Full Version : anybody using a scag 32" wb?

bmxican
09-28-2005, 06:39 PM
any reviews of the scag 32" walk behind? I noticed it has a squared off deck and the 36" model has the "advantage" deck. Does the advantage deck really help? if you have a 32 scag, do you like it? or if you have the 36" how do you like it and what do you think of the 32? :cool2:

ed2hess
09-28-2005, 07:25 PM
We run two 32"WB Scag units that are belt drive. We like the units a lot but they are 5 years old so we don't have new decks. We only mulch with plate over the discharge and they do just fine. We now moved to 36" hydro units so these will just be backup units. Scag builds a very good unit that is very rugged.

outlaw1960
09-30-2005, 02:30 AM
We have two 32"s and two 36"s. The oldest 32 was purchased in '92, still has the original motor. Still cuts like a dream, although the 36" hydro's will run circle's around them and cut just as well at that speed with the advantage deck. We keep the 32"s for all the small gates we have in our area.

Shady Brook
09-30-2005, 06:41 AM
I use a Scag 32" for small gates. If I can use a 36" I use my stander, but for the little gates I use the Scag. I run doubles on her, and I have found nothing that will put down a better stripe. She cuts very well, is very reliable, purhaps the most reliable mower I have ever owned. I thing it cuts every bit as well as the scags I had with the advantage deck. It will not perform miracles is tall wet stuff, but no mower will. I think you would be pleased with the unit if you have realistic expectations.

bmxican
09-30-2005, 03:13 PM
thanks for the replies. I have one more question about the scag 32. can you make a yard look as good with it as you could with a toro proline 21? If you had both on your trailer which would you use on the smaller yards?

:cool2: thanks again!

Shady Brook
09-30-2005, 07:04 PM
If I can get the 32 through the gate and I can not get anything bigger through, I use the 32. Why...it is bigger and faster! It also cuts as well or better in my opinion, and I think the end result is more atractive. There is not much I like about my 21 proline except it starts everytime and will go where no other machine can, but it does not get used much.

ed2hess
09-30-2005, 09:21 PM
I think you won't be disappointed with the 32" cut, it does better than our 21" Snapper. Forget to say we only mulch.