PDA

View Full Version : your aerator punctured my sprinkler lines!

ant
09-28-2005, 09:49 PM
and i not paying you till you fix my lines!

i am sorry mr. x but i cant be responsible for systems that are not installed properly.

before we aerated i gave you instructions and it stated that we were not responsible for damaged lines.

he is pissed and said he will contact me..

what would do?

lawnguyland
09-28-2005, 09:57 PM
The lines should be installed about 8" deep. If they get punctured-tough crap on him0they should have been installed properly. Ignore him.

dcondon
09-28-2005, 09:59 PM
did you make him mark the lines and heads??? we will not do a property unless they do before we arrive.

stumper1620
09-28-2005, 10:08 PM

i am sorry mr. x but i cant be responsible for systems that are not installed properly.

before we aerated i gave you instructions and it stated that we were not responsible for damaged lines.

what would do?
how many times is it punctured?

olderthandirt
09-28-2005, 10:20 PM

what would do?

I would have had him sign my copy
but thats for next time :)

ant
09-28-2005, 10:27 PM
i have the clients mark them out. if i hit a sprinkler head then i will replace it..

few spots were hit at different zones

stumper1620
09-28-2005, 10:37 PM
i have the clients mark them out. if i hit a sprinkler head then i will replace it..

if he is a good customer,
obviously it is not buried very deep, offer to repair it cheap.

if he is a one timer, screw it, offer to fix it at normal hourly rate.
no biggy, dig the spots up, slap a slice in and bury it.
system is improperly installed, not your problem.
write a note to yourself to never aerate this lawn again.

dcondon
09-28-2005, 10:37 PM

Just have someone fix it or yourself and move on. if you don't try and help you will get a bad name for yourself. You know how words get around....JMO

DLCS
09-28-2005, 11:36 PM
I'd fix it for him and never aerate the lawn again.

Funny you should post this. I had a customer call for a aerate job this week. I noticed that the grass was pushed up in spotts where the sprinkler lines are so I probed down a couple of inches and hit the pipes. So, I had to pass on this one. I can't risk damaging a system even though it was improperly installed by a local company.

turfcobob
09-29-2005, 03:27 PM
Ant: Did the homeowner check his irrigation contract to see how deep the pipes are supposed to be? Aerators unless you have some kind of monster will not go deeper than 3 inches. That is pretty shallow for irrigation lines? If it gets to a real pis_____ contest I would question him on that.

I will not go on a lawn unless the irrigation is marked, line depth is known and the stupid dog fence is marked..

Turfcobob