PDA

View Full Version : As for Redmax 8000 RECALL!

CharlieBingo
09-29-2005, 01:01 PM
I own several of them and have put enough hours on them to say they are great! I bought them when they first came out. Had the choke updated free of charge, not even necessary. Do you guys work for Stihl? I think there(Stihl) 600 is a great unit also. Stop being so blinded by brand loyalty.Get out of the tribe mentality and think for yourselves.

DLS1
09-29-2005, 03:19 PM
Do you guys work for Stihl? I think there(Stihl) 600 is a great unit also. Stop being so blinded by brand loyalty.Get out of the tribe mentality and think for yourselves.

Not sure who you talking about. A good rule of thumb is never by a new product or redesigned one the first year. It takes a year of real world use for a company to get all the kinks out.

dcplace2004
09-29-2005, 03:27 PM
I demoed it and was VERY impressed with the power...the power was awesome...in the future, as my business grows, and I work to push the lowballers/shoddy working knuckleheads out of business, as I have already proved with some so far, I may buy the redmax, but not until they do some detailed design changes to them...for the cost of the unit, half a grand, the machine's do-do should not stink at all--period...The only two units I like are the redmax 8000 and the BR600...also, by the time I buy another unit both redmax and stihl will have newer models, more powerful and efficient...peace...

John Gamba
09-29-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm going to wait i said, the only person or member here is a redmax dealer. And i do like my br600 alot. it will be great in tight areas where theres a window behind you. no more broken or cracked windows

John

wowlawncare
09-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Ive ran bolth redmax and stihl. Ive had more problems with my stihls they redmax has even thought of having. I wouldnt put a stihl in my company name if my business depended on it.

dcplace2004
09-29-2005, 06:27 PM
no machine is without problems...same with vehicles...redmax, stihl, echo, all are machines and can malfunction...as far as not putting a brand in your company name--I don't think anyone cares about that but you...peace... :cool2:

Kelly's Landscaping
09-29-2005, 06:35 PM
I kind of think its funny seeing all the bad mouthing of Red Max all of a sudden. Ever since I got here all I have seen is one thread after another bashing stihl a brand I have come to love and trust as just a great piece of equipment reliable and then some. But the powers that be said not enough power so it must be garbage that was BS of course but now it seems that is what Red Max is going through. I would not be swayed to buy any piece of 2-cycle equipment based on the comments made on our site but it has been amusing to watch this debate the past 2 months now that stihl has more power. Weight and comfort matter more and it that category stihl owns the competition.

Cigarcop
09-29-2005, 06:57 PM
Kelly,

I would have to agree with that, I purchased the br600 today and an Echo PAS-260 with articulating hedge clipper.
I currently have 3 older Echo pb400's and I like them, not much power but they fit me comfortably as did the Stihl 600. I looked at both the redmax and stihl and was really amazed on how much lighter the stihl was (approx 4lbs).
So when choosing to purchase an item I think you have to weigh everything out, not just singling things such as power only.

gargoyle7417
09-29-2005, 07:02 PM
OK I have an 8000 Red max and I found thaqt the choke started to slip and so it would kill the engine. THis was frustrating at first to find and finally I saw that when the engine was running this would kill it, so I used one of those ties that come with trash bags to wrap around the lever and then wrap around the screw that adjusts the RPMs on the mower (I think htat is the purpose) anyways if It wasn't for this I would have been real upset besides that , wow what a blower :blob3:

dcplace2004
09-29-2005, 07:54 PM
you should not have to use a freaking tie for a choke lever, any more than I should have to use a wire to hold a screw in the plastic trigger on my br600 to keep it from backing out. This screw takes up slack out of the throttle cable--it kept backing out (metal on plastic does NOT work)...is redmax or stihl comfortable with these issues?...Although I am not happy being without my blower for any period of time Stihl/the dealer are taking care of me and probably will fix the issue in the future, such as put a metal sleeve in the plastic hole to hold it...