PDA

View Full Version : Custom ROPS

Tremens
09-29-2005, 01:03 PM
I have a 2001 Simplicity Derby (Green) built by Ferris. After speaking with two Simplicity dealers in my area, they have told me that there is no ROPS available from Simplicity for my mower. My property contains a few slopes and I have a creek running through it and thus want the protection of a ROPS.

Does anyone know where I can go to have one built for my mower or know of a place that sells them pre-fabricated? Will other mower model ROPS fit my mower?

Thank you!

Varsity L&G
09-29-2005, 01:05 PM
I would goto a 4x4 fab shop in your area and see about getting something built.

scholzee
09-29-2005, 01:17 PM
Also try any race car shop, many do roll bars and could fab something up. If there is a local dragstrip or race track they could tell you locally who does that stuff.

mowtech
09-29-2005, 11:10 PM
Try Custom Products of Litchfield Minnesota or FEMCO in Nebraska, These companies manufacture ROPS for many brands of mowers and one of them may produce one for your mower. If not, however, they will most likely not custom build you one as they would not sell a ROPS that has not been certified to either OSHA or ASAE standards due to liability issues and this certification is very expensive.

Tremens
09-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Thank you for the replies. I'll see if I can get it fabricated from somewhere, but first I'll try these two places.