PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for Limb removal and storm clean-up

txguitarpicker22
09-29-2005, 04:55 PM
What would be a standard pricing range for clearing limbs and brush after a storm?

fcl01
09-30-2005, 11:50 PM
What would be a standard pricing range for clearing limbs and brush after a storm?

no such thing exists. just determine YOUR hourly price and hope you figure your time correctly. it will take practice but so does everything else. :waving:

QualityLawnCare4u
10-01-2005, 01:01 AM
In my area its free. :D I ran into a nightmare with the storm clean up last year, everyone thought I should do it for free, had one client give me 5 dollars for 2 hours of storm clean up. To answer your question though, are you hauling it off or do they have one site or curb pickup? Do you have a landfill fee? These 2 things (hauling and fee) makes a big difference in pricing. You will probably get a lot of difference answers on this one. Also will you be using a chainsaw of just picking up limbs and debri? As you can see, there are a lot of diffenent things to factor in. Personally I will not do it for less than 40 an hour and thats no hauling or chainsaw use. Their are many here that will do it cheaper and they can knock theirselves out all they want.

Mower For Less
10-02-2005, 08:30 PM
I will usually throw large branches that fall to one side of the yard where they are out of the way (2-3 extra minutes tops). Really huge limbs that fall I do not touch, just mow around. Small piddly stuff I mow over. If they want it cleaned up, that is a seperate job, and it is priced accordingly.

I have never had anybody complain using this method. If any of them cannot handle cleaning it up themselves, they will ask me for a price to do it after they see I did not clean it up to cut the grass. Everybody seems to understand that storms are not part of my contractual obligations to them.

Kevin

Mower For Less
10-02-2005, 08:31 PM
In my area its free. :D

I ran into a nightmare with the storm clean up last year, everyone thought I should do it for free, had one client give me 5 dollars for 2 hours of storm clean up.

Personally I will not do it for less than 40 an hour and thats no hauling or chainsaw use.

Which is it? Is it free? Is it $2.50 per hour? Is it $40 per hour???? ;)

Kevin