PDA

View Full Version : flower bed help

wormy1433
09-29-2005, 05:01 PM
I recently got a commercial job (here in east Tx.) and everything is going great except for the 36' diameter flower bed. I put new mulch down this spring and now there is weeds and grass taking over. Need some ideas on controlling/killing the problem without killing the monkey grass and seasonal flowers. Also, there is a sprinkler system in the beds. Thanks

lawnlubber
10-02-2005, 12:34 PM
I have no liscence to apply chemicals so I contracted TGCL to do apps on one of my commercial jobs. I couldn't see that their chemicals had any effect so now I do the weed control in the beds by hand pulling. It adds about 20 min. to the job if done weekly along with the mowing. There are over 2K of beds and mulched areas on this property.

SodKing
10-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Thats because they probably didn't put anything down...they just charged you for it...

Az Gardener
10-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Pulling broad-leaf weeds does work best. For the grasses you can buy some stuff at local nurseries or big box stores. Amaze, Over the Top, Bermuda root killer. I am not familiar with Monkey grass but the name leads me to believe it is a grass so none of those by be an option without killing the Monkey grass. Pick your poison, good luck.