PDA

View Full Version : LAWN VACUUM--anyone use this or know of this machine?

dcplace2004
09-30-2005, 04:55 PM
How would this hold up to seasonal leaf cleanups?...does it have a powerful enough vacuum?...One can even purchase a 10 foot 5 inch in diameter hose to go on it...it looks like a The Stihl dealer here has one but I am not sure about it yet...this one is self-propelled...also, you all probably know of the other ones that look like lawn mower where a hose it attached to it...here is a pic...thanks...

CutApproved
09-30-2005, 05:09 PM
They work well but I'm not too sure how it will last in the commercial industry.

Richard Martin
09-30-2005, 05:16 PM
I had one many moons ago. That is built by MTD for a lot of companies including Sears. After a couple of seasons struggling with it mine now sits in the woods quietly rusting away. That was the worst 900 dollar investment I ever made.

Mark McC
09-30-2005, 05:59 PM
I had one many moons ago. That is built by MTD for a lot of companies including Sears. After a couple of seasons struggling with it mine now sits in the woods quietly rusting away. That was the worst 900 dollar investment I ever made.
I'll second that.

ed2hess
09-30-2005, 06:07 PM
I got a Troy bilt that looks just about like your unit above. I used it for 2 hours and put it back in the box and shipped it back. The leaves constantly got stuck in the inlet. I intended to use to to vac backing lots but it wasn't even good enough for that purpose.

dbrockner
09-30-2005, 08:40 PM
go with billy goat for commercial use.

dbrockner
09-30-2005, 08:41 PM
go to Billygoat.com web site. It has all the info you need.

Runner
09-30-2005, 08:54 PM
There's a machine that's built that picks up leaves faster than thatm, grinds them up more, and doesn't blow nearly as much dust in your face. It's called a LAWNMOWER! Save this junk for the people who don't know. If you DO want one, ask them if they'll give you a deal if you buy one of those string trimmer on wheels gizmos. You'll get about as much use out of each one.

lawnguyland
09-30-2005, 08:58 PM
They are great additional tools for certain applications where you need an immaculate look. Great for small backyards, curbsides. Go billy goat. Still use backpack, mowers, rakes, tarps depending on what's what.

dcplace2004
09-30-2005, 09:33 PM
I will NOT buy it cause just one problem with it is 1 too many...thanks again ya'll...one other person briefly told me before that it would not stand up to commerical use...I will blow the leaves with a BP and then bag them...imagine that--what a concept...may get a loader in the future...

dcplace2004
09-30-2005, 09:39 PM
I used a mower on a spring cleanup and it work pretty darn good...did not have a BP blower at the time but an echo blower/vacuum...leaves got caught up in the tube constantly, especially the big oak leaves and partially composted ones...also, it shocked me constantly with the dust from the bag coming out like cloud...I took that echo junk back to home cheapo...I do want to know if there is a 22 or 21 inch mower that has a bigger bag than my personal pace...this thing hold VERY little...how bout the commercial toro?...groundcontrol, are you talking walkbehind or push?...

Runner
09-30-2005, 10:04 PM
groundcontrol, are you talking walkbehind or push?...
Either way. With the pushmower, if that's what you have to use, just keep the tarp(s) nearby and drag them over to you. Keep them behind you on te area that is already mowed. This way, you don't keep coming up to them and having to move them to mow. Also, for bigger yards, keep one at each end. When you have to empty the bag, drag the tarp to you. This way, there is less distance to walk next time.