PDA

View Full Version : Walk Behind Blower Choices

Yard Solutions
09-30-2005, 06:26 PM
So all the advice you guys give not only helps, but can also confuse the heck out of me. I've found plenty of you opinions on different blowers, but could still use some more help. I'm looking for a 8-10 hp walk behind blower, and have found the 10 hp little wonder with the BS, the 9 hp Billy Goat with the Robins, and a Giant Vac 10 hp BS engine. Any opinions on these? I know there are other blowers out there, but these are the ones found at my local equipment shops, shops I usually trust. I would really like to get one soon, and they are all within $50. If you guys don't have a favorite (I know you all will), any downsides to any of these?

Thanks

Runner
09-30-2005, 08:06 PM
You've got the right idea of NOT going under 8 hp. Personally, I like the Little Wonder. I decided on this after running side by side tests with the Little Wonder and the Billygoat with equivalent motors. The Little Wonder blew it away (no pun intended). The Billy goat has that nozzle feature which is kind of cool, but that Little Wonder with it's split airflow moves more leaves when they are stacked. It's a tough run between the two. Both are great blowers. I wouldn't even consider the Giantvac.

dcondon
09-30-2005, 08:48 PM
We love our billy goat!!! It has the 10 horse briggs.... We demo both the little wounder and billy goat and liked the billy because you can change the air flow from up and down at your finger tips. :)

LLandscaping
09-30-2005, 08:53 PM
We have a Little Wonder with a 13hp honda. The Little Wonder, in my opinion is better made than the Billy Goat. It will blow huge amounts of leaves with no problem.

Yard Solutions
10-01-2005, 08:22 AM
The billy goats nozzle is nice, not sure if I would really use it alot. I can see where it would mimick my backpack blowers when I move the "wand", however I can see myself just complaining about pushing the mower with one hand, and trying to move the discharge with the other. Maybe its not as bad as I imagine

Roger
10-01-2005, 08:53 PM
I have an 8hp (b&s) on a Lesco wheeled blower. For me, it is about as big as I can go -- weight being the issue. I think my blower weighs about 128#. Nearly every property I maintain has sloping terrain, some moreso than others. The 128# rolls nice on pavement and the showroom floor, but when pushing/pulling up slopes, it is a real load. I believe I simply could not manage anything much heavier. My point: If you have slopes, then consider the weight.

However, most of you are probably more able to do the pushing/pulling. I'm only 5-9, 165#, 64 years old, and not as strong as most. So, maybe you can manage a 150# machine well.

Rufscape
10-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Buy the Little Wonder with the BS motor for the $50....The Little Wonder is the best walk behind blower in the world but you will need to replace the BS engine with a Honda when it blows......Good Luck..Steve :blob3:

proenterprises
10-03-2005, 08:02 PM
I just bought a little wonder 8hp b&s, it blows!

Oldtimer
10-03-2005, 08:19 PM
Under heavy use the Briggs often lasts less than 2 years while the Honda will wear out the rest of the blower.

The Billy Goat with it's adjustable nozzle works well around pedestrians and moving vehicles.

Oldtimer

edward hedrick
10-03-2005, 08:20 PM
I have an 8 b&s Fradan. lighter than Little Wonder. See Lomac in

Windsor on rt 5.

turfmastersplus
10-03-2005, 08:22 PM
go with little wonder 13 HP honda it's a little heavy but it will make the job go faster :cool2:

ed2hess
10-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Go with the 13HP Honda Billygoat, we like ours a lot....if you really need a lot of wind force. It is bigger than 2.5 Redmax8000 per the advertisement. If you put the nozzle facing forward it is almost impossible to push it forward. Haven't figured out the need to blow forward though.

mkwl
10-03-2005, 09:23 PM
The Little Wonder blowers are far superior to all other brands IMO. I have a 2003 Little Wonder blower with the 10 HP Briggs INTEK I/C engine and I absolutely LOVE it!!!! It has incredible power, and moves mountains of wet leaves like they were feathers. I have about 275 hrs on the LW, and I haven't had any problems at all with the blower or the Briggs engine. Don't worry, the Briggs INTEK I/C engine is at least as good as the Honda engine. Hope this helps!