PDA

View Full Version : Baffle for 48" Exmark TTHP?

NEUSWEDE
10-01-2005, 08:37 PM
I am having problems with when I am mowing air blows the leaves ahead of the deck and doesn't allow them to get bagged. Is there a baffle that is made to reduce this? I am running doubles (hilifts and gators) and bagging with an accelerator bagger.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Dylan

STAN1366
10-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Go to the Exmark web site and ask them what the part number is. When I went to my dealer to order one for my Lazer he said he never heard of such a thing as an "anti blowout baffle", but he ordered it. It did help somewhat, but I still get some blowout.

Envy Lawn Service
10-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Blowout in coded in eXmark DNA....

In this case we are really talking about "blowaway" and believe me, I understand what you are going through. Things you can try to "lessen" it are the blowout baffle, going back to single blades, testing various blade styles, and testing various deck pitch/rake adjustments.

lwcmattlifter
10-02-2005, 01:16 PM
I have the flanged baffle kit on my 52" TTHP and it helps a lot there is still some blow out when the catcher is almost full on the OCDC is down. Here is a part number list from the old Exmark forum.

P.S. I don't think the prices are accurate.

lawncuttinfoo
10-05-2006, 07:32 PM
The only pics I see on that page are for an "anti-blowout kit" and a "flanged baffle kit". I too have a 48" tthp and the only listing for that deck is the "Anti-blowout baffle kit"

Anyone know what this looks like? how does it vary from the other two styles and which works the best?

littlenic
10-06-2006, 05:39 PM
What blades are you using?
I would recommend standards or low lift.

Hope that helps, littlenic

dfor
10-07-2006, 06:43 AM
Also, try using only the gator blades. It does help to lessen the blowout.

naturescape
10-07-2006, 09:03 AM
Here's your answer!

Install skirting on the front of the deck. Use indoor/outdoor carpeting. Install so it just touches the ground and your problem will be GONE.

lawncuttinfoo
10-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Are gators avaiable for the new large hole exmark spindles yet? I went to my dealer and they said next year hopefully.

fiveoboy01
10-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Weird, I have zero blowout with my 48" TTHP.

Then again, I almost never use a bagger. Perhaps using one is restricting the airflow out of the discharge, and that pressure has to go somewhere...

naturescape
10-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Weird, I have zero blowout with my 48" TTHP.

Then again, I almost never use a bagger. Perhaps using one is restricting the airflow out of the discharge, and that pressure has to go somewhere...

On LEAVES? You must have blowout unless they now install anti blowout baffles on 'em. All my ExMs have had horrible front blowout on leaves. That's side discharging. I NEVER bag. Also, if I have the mulch kit on it's not a problem.

fiveoboy01
10-07-2006, 04:28 PM
On LEAVES? You must have blowout unless they now install anti blowout baffles on 'em. All my ExMs have had horrible front blowout on leaves. That's side discharging. I NEVER bag. Also, if I have the mulch kit on it's not a problem.

I haven't noticed it when doing leaves.

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention but if it was horrible like you describe, I would think I'd notice it.

I'll pay attention on monday and see how it does.

naturescape
10-13-2006, 11:57 PM
Neuswede, have you tried installing skirting? If so, how has it worked for you? If not, do you need instuctions on how to install it?

fiveoboy01
10-14-2006, 12:02 AM
I haven't noticed it when doing leaves.

To be honest, I haven't paid much attention but if it was horrible like you describe, I would think I'd notice it.

I'll pay attention on monday and see how it does.

OK, I watched it today while mowing over leaves. Some of the areas were pretty thick with leaves.

No blowout when discharging.

No blowout when bagging, except for when the bagger would get full and plug the discharge. Then everything would blow out the right front of the deck.

brian mon
10-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Here's your answer!

Install skirting on the front of the deck. Use indoor/outdoor carpeting. Install so it just touches the ground and your problem will be GONE.

Have you done this....If so how did you mount it?

I've had blow out issues w/36tthp....

Just got this PM from Exmark

Hello Brian,
Sorry, there is no front baffle for the TTHP 36. If you are having some leaf blowout problems you can contact the Service Dept. and they might be able to give you some helpful hints.
1-402-223-6375
Thanks,
Brian

Thanks...:drinkup:

naturescape
10-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Have you done this....If so how did you mount it?

I've had blow out issues w/36tthp....

Just got this PM from Exmark

Hello Brian,
Sorry, there is no front baffle for the TTHP 36. If you are having some leaf blowout problems you can contact the Service Dept. and they might be able to give you some helpful hints.
1-402-223-6375
Thanks,
Brian

Thanks...:drinkup:

Yes, it sure is installed on my ExM. I just drilled a few holes through the front of the deck, and attached quality outdoor carpeting with bolts, large washers, and nuts. You want the skirting to appoximately touch the ground. You can just go around the front floating wheels, as long as most of the front of the deck has skirting on it, you're problem will be solved. Sometimes you have to replace the carpet depending on the quality of it, but I usually get a full leaf season out of mine.