PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone using accelerator bagger on ZRT?

Mowgli
10-01-2005, 10:23 PM
Does it works well on ZRT? I was thinking about buying one for my 48" deck tiger cub. i am just going to use it for this time of year. I just don't know if i want to pay $360 for it. And i just to here some feed back on that.

STAN1366
10-01-2005, 10:48 PM
I've got an Exmark Lazer HP with the Ultra Vac and that works great, but I don't really need it full time so I "adapted" a Grass Gobbler Jumbo from my w/b to fit whenever I need a catcher on the ZTR. I just picked up a used Accelerator catcher and though it needs some welding(where the screening came away from the frame) it works well. I think mine is the standard size and if I had to I'd get the bigger one. My GG is heavier, though I don't know how much. I've also got the leaf extender on the GG, but when the leaves pile up I put the Ultra Vac back on. Don't know if this helps you, but that's what I've done.

YGWBill
10-02-2005, 06:15 AM
I use one on a 52 inch ferris to clean up papers and cig butts on some of my job and it works great

Shady Brook
10-02-2005, 10:01 AM
I am pleased with my accelorator bagger. It really packs full regardless of the contitions. It is very light for it's size, and also pretty cool looking compared to the black and rusty gobblers I used to use. I have the XL size, and it holds quite a bit more material. This is a bit of a time saver, but boy when it is time to toss a wet packed grass load over the side rails of your truck you know it holds more then the old gobbler!

accuratelawn
10-02-2005, 11:04 AM
I have used one for several years now. It will fit several mowers with slight modification. Mine will fit a 60" Lazer, 48" Lazer, Great Dane WB.

msloop77
10-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Ive got an acc. bagger that is used for leaves in the fall and thatch in the spring. I bought the bagger that fits the Turf tracer 48inch deck, just flip the discharge flap up and go. It will fit my 52inch lazer if I remove the flap completely. Hope this helps. mark

Mowgli
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
thanks you all for your help. I will pick it up one on Monday.

TMlawncare
10-02-2005, 10:43 PM
I use the standard accel. on both my 60 turf tracer and my 60" lc lazer. It does a great job and is very light for its size. If I were to buy another I would get the XL size. I have a grass gobbler on my 48" scag walk behind and it is far heavier and the handles are extremely uncomfortable when you go to pick it up compared to the accel. Also, the way the accel. mounts on to the exmarks it is far superior to the grass gobbler on my scag. The grass gobbler bounces around a drops a lot of it debris out the bottom until its 3/4 full, in which it has enough weight to hold it in place. The accel will not do this even when its empty due to the way it latches on the machine.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention the biggest gripe about the grass gobblers. Try to open the back door to empty it. That latch will kill your fingers. Ask any grass gobbler owner.

STAN1366
10-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Just for the heck of it I weighed my catchers last night and found out the Jumbo Grass Gobbler is only 5 lbs. more than my standard size accelerator. Seems much heavier.