PDA

View Full Version : Mexicans are absolutely killing me!

Tom-N-Texas
10-01-2005, 10:42 PM
I've got (had) a virtually monopoly in this one particular neighborhood where I have over 20 lawns for 8-9 years. They're all within walking distance and I make a killing financially. However recently there's been a group of mexicans walking door to door 'selling' their services. Over the past month they've stolen 8 of my regular weekly customers. This is just a killer.

The thing is these guys are mowing the lawn, pulling the weeds, and trimming the shrubs each week for LESS than I charge to just mow! ($25). I know business is business and everyone has the right to price however they want (See Wal-Mart)....but they're bringing the whole damn industry down with them.

Of course they probably live in a single apartment with 5 of their amigos, so they have virtually no overhead. I'm not liking this pattern.

lawnmaniac883
10-01-2005, 10:49 PM
Cant stand these sob's that cannot respect another mans workplace. Problem with these mexicos are 1) They dont know how little they are charging...to them it is making a killing and 2) They will work hard as hell for a few pennies, how are we supposed to compete?

gorknoids
10-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Petition your city council for strict enforcement of business license laws , insurance standards, and the like.
If there are doubts as to the legality of their presence in the United States, just drive by and pretend to take pictures. :laugh:

premierlawncare
10-01-2005, 10:57 PM
:cool: Sell the fact that you are licensed and insured. Most people dont want illigal alliens working on their porperty, unless the forman is legal and can speak english.

Look for higher end customers.

dcplace2004
10-01-2005, 11:18 PM
I would start making phone calls, taking pictures (for IRS, Welfare Dept, for INS)...did you know that they buy vehicle with fake SS#s...oh, yes sir reeeeee bob! I took one account from a hispanic group by upselling my work, etc...the were doing shoddy chop job work...I eat that up and point it out to customers...don't get angry, get even in a legal way...you would be surprised the stuff you can stir up... :cool2:

nriddle77
10-01-2005, 11:24 PM
get over it

nutt4outdoors
10-01-2005, 11:27 PM
I am not in the lawn biz (but looking into it), but that is all I see here on the Texas coast as well. They are the Wal-Mart of the lawn industry. Not only are they hurting reputably lawn business, the $$ they make is being sent south of the boarder. So they are hurting our economy two fold. I am not sure what licenses are required in Texas, but If this was my sole income I dam sure would be looking into there operations and turning them in if they are not legit.
On another note this is one hellofa good site that I have throughly enjoyed reading and learning. Sorry, for my first post seeming bit-chy but the subject of illegals taking American jobs rubs me wrong.

Fvstringpicker
10-01-2005, 11:27 PM
You can thank this administration and the rest of the washington crowd for failure to enforce immegration law and supporting open borders to provide cheap labor for the corporations.

Envy Lawn Service
10-01-2005, 11:33 PM
These lowballers just happen to be Mexicans.
Even if you were to find a way to undermine their operation....
Some white, black, yellow, red lowballers will happen along soon to replace them.

This industry is really taking it from all directions, including immigration.
This lowballing crap is really cutting deep.
This along with the long list of other problems is why this industry continues to make ZERO headway...

I don't see an end to it in sight.
From where I am sitting, I now thing it's a lost cause just to be honest.
Therefore, the only hope for most of us is to find a way to 'hedge' against it somehow.

Scotts' Yard Care
10-01-2005, 11:44 PM
This is why the whole country is rapidly going down hill. Those in power either outsource your job or import cheaper labor to take it away from you. We're on a downhill slide and I see no change in the near future. Bare bones
and the willingness to cut your prices to keep them competitive with everyone else or find another line of work. I really don't know what else to do since we see new yard services daily in our area.

grassyfras
10-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Ya I think hispanic is the right term.

nutt4outdoors
10-02-2005, 12:01 AM
Ya I think hispanic is the right term.

No offense but I think ILLEGALS is the correct term. Because that is what they are.

Envy Lawn Service
10-02-2005, 12:07 AM
This is why the whole country is rapidly going down hill. Those in power either outsource your job or import cheaper labor to take it away from you. We're on a downhill slide and I see no change in the near future. Bare bones
and the willingness to cut your prices to keep them competitive with everyone else or find another line of work. I really don't know what else to do since we see new yard services daily in our area.

Yup, that's right... I say and type it all the time...
Importing workers and exporting jobs.

All that aside though.... let's be honest here, fixing 100% of all immigration issues in the Green Industry would barely make a dent in the situation we face as owners.

Scotts' Yard Care
10-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Yup, that's right... I say and type it all the time...
Importing workers and exporting jobs.

All that aside though.... let's be honest here, fixing 100% of all immigration issues in the Green Industry would barely make a dent in the situation we face as owners.

I can't complain about any one ethnic group in my area because everyone of the startups are just trying to make a living. I see just as many Caucasions as I do any other race and they all have just as much right as I do to make a living. What we need is a better economy.

Envy Lawn Service
10-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Yup, a better economy, lack of lowballers, and for the Pro's to take a look at their own selves in the mirror, and make a decision to raise the bar.

Az Gardener
10-02-2005, 12:54 AM
Wha, wha, wha, How many of you have had or do have illegals working for you? I hope none. The only way to stop this is like everything else you have to do it yourself, don't wait on the government. Reference people waiting for help in New Orleans. Put your money where your mouth is, don't go to the car wash where there are illegals working even if it costs you 30% more. Don't go to the restaurant that is employing illegals, even if it means driving out of your way or eating at home. I could go on but I think you get the picture. Let the owners and managers know why you are no longer a customer. Suggest to your clients and friends the same thing, and it will have more impact coming from you. Lets face it everyone thinks we all have illegals working for 5.00 per hour. With all that said the I don't think the illegals are the reason you lost your clients. The service we provide (as you have just experienced) can be performed by anyone. While there is much debate about quality etc. what it really comes down to is your relationship with your client. Most marriages don't last past 7-years and married people tend to sleep together, how do you stand a chance if the only contact you have is sending bills and receiving payments? I could be wrong you may have thought you had a good relationship (I thought my first marriage was fine too) but evidently the client felt otherwise. I would use this opportunity to have a 3rd party do a kind of exit interview with the lost clients and see where you went wrong. I would be talking to the others that you still have to see where you stand you know neighbors talk no sense sticking your head in the sand. I would be standing on my head to be sure your remaining accounts looked noticeably better than the lost ones. Spend a few bucks and get them a Pumpkin carve it if you think they won't or a fall flower pot. The more personal the better. Better to spend it on established profitable accounts than advertising that may or may not work.

JKOOPERS
10-02-2005, 01:13 AM
i totally agree with scotts. the thing that really pisses me off is the fact that those b@stards pay very little or no taxes at all. what about ss i know they arent paying into that .

topsites
10-02-2005, 01:31 AM
Of course they probably live in a single apartment with 5 of their amigos, so they have virtually no overhead. I'm not liking this pattern.

No, try 15 or 20 of their amigos per apartment.

It bothers me a bit when someone else comes around and steals a customer of mine, but not for very long. Ever hear of the rule 'Never take another Lco's customer?' I learned first-hand what this means and I will not do it ever again, because for one thing, if the customer is THAT easy and has no sense of respect for me or themselves, who needs them?
One of my first true customers I was working on their yard when a guy pulls up with truck and trailer (I mean get THIS) and walks past me to the door (not like I didn't have all my equipment there) and rings the bell. The owner comes out and the guy starts talking that fast noob-sales-talk, basically doing what he thinks is selling when my customer points at me and says:
Do you see that guy over there? He's taking care of my yard.
Of course: but... but...
And: I don't need your services.

That's how it's supposed to work, I got a mouth on me and nowadays so do my customers.
I was glad, I had felt like dealing out an azz-whoopin at the time.

DGI
10-02-2005, 01:50 AM
If you're making a veritable "killing" cutting grass, what do you expect?

And no, $6/day is not a good wage in Mexico. 100 pesos per day in a rural area is about the norm, and generally with much softer labor conditions than what they are exposed to here.

dcplace2004
10-02-2005, 02:26 AM
a tomale dance right now...Ay Ay Ay Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

PMLAWN
10-02-2005, 05:43 AM
Stop cutting grass and start running a business.

Why fight change--Change with it and profit.

If the "other guy" is making such little money why not hire him for more- but less than your rates- put him to work for you- and make profit while sitting in the truck.
Do this many times over and over and become rich.

MBDiagMan
10-02-2005, 05:58 AM
If the "Mexicans" you talk about are here legally, then competition is competition. Actually I highly respect someone who will work hard and do extra service like pull weeds.

What I have a BIG problem with, however, is ANYONE, regardless of origin, who is in this country ILLEGALLY! For the ones here illegally, they should be rounded up and sent back where they came from and the borders sealed TIGHT!

LEGAL immigration is fine. It is what this country has been built from. ILLEGAL immigration, however, IS A CRIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck,
Doc

tfilbert
10-02-2005, 07:12 AM
You can sit around and bash and b*tch all day or do something about the situation. #1 Always sell the fact you are legit and your prices are fair. #2 Provide the customer a little something extra for their money each and every week. #3 Continue to advertise or actively seek new customers each and every day. You can be sure you are stealing other business even if you don't want to admit it. Someone before you was maintaining that lawn and the service was not up to standard or you would never be called in the first place. Remember customer service is what your client pays for, not your good looks, smile, good english or whatever else. My family arrived here on a boat about 100 years ago and I don't see the point of slamming those wanting a better life. I support legal immigration and wish the borders were better controlled for our safety and to protect our way of life. I can understand anyone wanting a piece of our pie but like many of you don't like the effect it's having on our country. You have to be pro-active: Send letters, emails, phone calls to your political officials and tell them how you feel and those feeling will show at the poles. Call the INS if you even think someone is illegal. The idea of letting illegals vote here really gets me going. Require all people who want to drive to test in English not any other language. Our roads signs are not in spanish or russian. Support the Minuteman project, those guys have the right idea. Get pro-active not re-active. Make sure you are legal in all aspects and if your not get that way or get out. Bid fair and set fair pricing. How many of you have gotten business because you know someone? All of us at one point or another. Use your energy for good and stop sitting around bashing. Share ideas if you want to but be aware the idea you share here may be used by some new start up company in your own area. Make all employees sign a non-compete clause before hiring. It's way to easy to start a lawn care company on a shoe string budget and if you have the contacts before you start it gets easier. Protect what you have and work hard to provide a level of service that no one else wants to match. In the long run a better stripe from an $8,000.00 mower doesn't matter as much as trimming that matches the lawn and edging that is straight and precise. Pulling a few weeds or just saying hi when you see your customer even when it cost you 5 minutes to do so goes further than you ever will know. There are many more little things I do but you get the idea. I won't paint all Hispanics with the same brush but illegal is still illegal. Many of you here are hiring these same people and know you are. I hope you get caught and fined out of business. By the way whats the different between hiring your own brother at $15.00 under the table or son or cousin or friend or illegal? Nothing, they are all the same. I hired my own brother-in-law and he is a damn good worker but he pays taxes and I pay workmans comp. on him. Yup it cost more to be legal but I don't worry about getting a letter in the mail from state or local government asking me questions I don't want to answer. Chase down leads and get out the phone book and build your business. Another lawn care on a property I maintain requires action on my part not watching. Find out who they are and get a phone number. Act like you want to be their buddy if it helps get info. Call the city and see if they are legal or report if not. Believe me they want their tax dollars from everyone and no matter how small. You have a business fraud line wherever you are: use it. Don't know if my actions have put anyone out of business but if they are illegal I don't care. That's pro-active! I for one think it's way past time for all to get off their collective butts out there and take control of this industry. Chase off the illegal competition and earn the respect of your customers. If your cutting grass for $10.00 and don't have insurance or paying taxes I'm turning your butts in. Don't care if it is two lawns or 20 I don't need that kind of unfair pricing in my area. Set a firm minimum (let's say $25.00) to drop your gate on that postage stamp lawn. If all do it they will pay. United we stand, but until then we will continue to bash and b*tch. There are some out there I'm sure are thinking about now: Well I won't get caught. All I can say is stay out of my area because you will never know who turned you in. By the way if you do chemical apps and I don't see stickers on your equipment I'm calling that in too. I can price as well as Scotts or TruGreen/ChemLawn and I really put down the chemicals that work. Not watered-down product that does a so-so job. Everyone gripes about those two companies all the time. You can compete if you just do it right and don't try to cut corners and costs by using less than the recommended amounts. I can see the difference and so will your customers. Remember they have phone banks of calllers who are very pro-active. They are constanly called existing customers and new but you have the advantage if you are not selling service they don't need. They scare them with needing grub control and they never laid eyes on the property. They use a generic spray on all their lawns, not a custom spray for what is needed. They would rather spray all instead of spreading granular. I know it's a lot faster but I would rather do it right. They don't target spray for broadleaf weeds but you should. They try to sell 5 - 7 apps per year and the truth is only 4 are really needed under normal conditions. Educate your customers and educate yourself. Get smarter and work harder. If you don't know how to do something right then learn before you try it. Take classes on the internet if you need to but remember the more you learn and know the better your company will do. I can be sure that those who do these things pose no threat to me but rather fair competition. Those who don't will fall by the way side after a few years or calls from the tax man wanting their money. Start a union or nationwide LCO organization. YUP, I'm advocating fair business and hiring practices for all LCO's. That should scare the hell out of the illegal companies and the bigger ones who hire all the illegals out there. By the way the neighborhood kid who cuts lawns should be safe. I think they will fly under the radar just like we did at 13-15 years old. Of course when they pull the mower back over their foot on the neighbors property the lawyers will have a field day. Damn I was lucky as a kid and driving my dad's car at 100 mph on that back country road to see what 100 mph felt like in a 65 chevy impala was lucky too at the age of 16. Get smart folks and get legal or please for all our sakes or get out before you get caught. I don't want tighter control over this industry or the government more involved. Enforce the rules already in place and we all win.

joe4
10-02-2005, 08:53 AM
What makes you so special?

We took everything we have from the Indians, then made the African Americans do all our work and because of that you feel you have some right to this land.

I would let everyone in, we are all gods people.

I never heard anyone say I wish I could spend more on a car wash or paint my house for twice the price. Money talks and the American people support immigrant workers.

If you cannot compete on price try quailty. Still not working that is the American people talking.

P.S. I was born in Ohio so I want a gold medal of citizenship.

tfilbert
10-02-2005, 09:49 AM
What makes you so special?

We took everything we have from the Indians, then made the African Americans do all our work and because of that you feel you have some right to this land.

I would let everyone in, we are all gods people.

I never heard anyone say I wish I could spend more on a car wash or paint my house for twice the price. Money talks and the American people support immigrant workers.

If you cannot compete on price try quailty. Still not working that is the American people talking.

P.S. I was born in Ohio so I want a gold medal of citizenship.

Not sure if this was aimed at me or not but I have to say it doesn't make a lot of sense. First my wife is American Indian, second my son is married to an African American and they are all legal citizens of this country. Yes, we must always remember the lessons that history teaches but who is talking about reshaping history here. Illegal is just that and to bury you head in the sand in this day and age is just stupid. Americans set the terms and conditions for ownership of this country not one or two groups of environmentalist or darwin theory yelling nut cases. My family arrived in this country via Ellis Island (check the family name: Filbert). As citizens we vote on issues that guide our daily lives and the majority rules. Don't try to sell the idea that all Americans support illegals because they are cheap labor. Yes some companies are using them but most are using legal workers even if only seasonal. I have no heartburn with legal labor, no matter the nationality. Sounds to me like you have no idea what constitutes legal or illegal just someone with a radical idea that borders should not exist. Do just a little research and educate yourself before you run off at the mouth to someone you don't know or are to ignorant to know the facts.
Tim

joe4
10-02-2005, 10:09 AM
My comment was meant for tom-n-texas.

Things like "Of course they probably live in a single apartment with 5 of their amigos, so they have virtually no overhead." make my blood boil.

I agree that my ideas are not the norm but somewhere between me without boarders and most peoples idea of more there is a compromise.

freddyc
10-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Sure border protection is one of the root causes to this... but the bigger issue is the fact that people will always pay less if they can, as longg as they feel they are getting value for their money.

Do you think if you put up a big banner in front of Walmary that said that most of it was cheap lbor and the profits are going to China that people would turn around and go home??

Look, when people want their lawn taken care of, its an expense to them. If they can cut that and still get value, then thye will. With regard to being legit, most don't care if you have a ton of insurance...this is the USA, they just figure they will sue you if something drastic happens, and frankly, most people never really consider it.

Just keep watching as gas stays high, winter heating bills start and the economy doesn't improve. All these people in the McMansions will be cutting costs so Hose will be a good option for them.

The only weapon you have is your own quality and inginuity.

eliahwoodcutter
10-02-2005, 10:39 AM
I Am Not From Usa
I Was Born In Ukraine Raised In Romania.
I Been Here 3 Years And Half Already.
I Learned One Thing , This Country Has Plenty For Every Body .
There Is So Much Work . I Live In Maryland
The Newspaper Is Full Of Jobs.
I Have Been Scrued Too From Some Mexicans. They Stall A "gas Station For Me" . There Bid Was Half Price.i Am Not Mad
Next Day I Got 2 New Contracts.
This Is Life .
Always It Is Going To Be A Competition Between People No Mater What Kind Of Race Or Color.
God Bless Usa!!!!
Land Of Opportunity

zturncutter
10-02-2005, 10:58 AM
I Am Not From Usa
I Have Been Scrued Too From Some Mexicans. They Stall A "gas Station For Me" . There Bid Was Half Price.i Am Not Mad
This Is Life .
Always It Is Going To Be A Competition Between People No Mater What Kind Of Race Or Color.
God Bless Usa!!!!
Land Of Opportunity
Now this is the proper attitude, well said!!! :D

tfilbert
10-02-2005, 10:58 AM
I Am Not From Usa
This Is Life .
God Bless Usa!!!!
Land Of Opportunity
I for one would like to welcome you to your new home and I hope only for the best for you. I hope you are working on citizenship here and I'm sure years from now your ancestors will brag about how they came to be born in the most wonderful country on earth. Your english is very good for only being here for 3 1/2 years. Sounds to me like you are on the road to living the American dream. Amazing what someone from anywhere can accomplish when they are willing to work and play by the rules of the game. God Bless and good luck in all your endeavors
Tim

PMLAWN
10-02-2005, 11:00 AM
Just keep switching customers till you get the right ones.
Most homeowners can cut their own grass for what they conceive to be nothing. (As opposed to doing their own dental work) So paying to get the grass cut is a hard thing to swallow.
Now for the lazy guy that makes $40-50K per year he is looking for the cheapest guy out there. "Just keep it short so I don't have to" Times are a little tight and discount cutters comes along so sure he will switch.
The next guy makes $80-120K and he wants a few nice things and thinks he should get great service. He will be a little more picky about who he goes with and when he finds the guy that answers the wants he will stick. But he can still go out and cut his grass or trim bushes if he wants. This should be the bottom of where you start to work
Next group are the people that make $200+ and can not cut their grass or take care of their homes. For them to take the time is to costly for them as they make much more in each hour and can not waste it cutting grass.
They also want perfection at all times and never want to worry about it.
They want the landscape guy that manicures the property, does the lawn care, makes sure the Irrigation is set and always working, and most important is to be invisible. There should never be a reason for him to be concerned about anything or have to make any calls. This he will pay for as it is profitable to him because time is money. This is what you need to sell.
And this is exactly what Mr. Discount will not do.
If all you do is cut grass - you will always duke it out with the others cutters.
If you create a product/service that is valuable to people and than you LEARN HOW TO SELL IT, you will create a business and not have to worry about bottom feeders.

tfilbert
10-02-2005, 11:36 AM
My comment was meant for tom-n-texas.

Things like "Of course they probably live in a single apartment with 5 of their amigos, so they have virtually no overhead." make my blood boil.

I agree that my ideas are not the norm but somewhere between me without boarders and most peoples idea of more there is a compromise.
Joe4 I'm really not attacking you but the comment about an apartment with 5 amigos doesn't bother me at all. In fact here in Louisville it is getting very common place for many illegals to share housing and living expenses. Fortunately the apartment owners and city officials realize this is unsafe and dangerous so they are cracking down. About time too but more to the point would be why? First they are illegal. Second they are sending their money back home and last but far from least: They pay no taxes or SS and use our hospitals and schools free of charge. I don't like seeing them on any form of aid if they are illegal. Mine and your tax dollars are paying for them to be here and that is just wrong. Don't you get the big picture here? It is not about "Gods People" which we all are, but rather the legal right to live and work here in the first place. Why should you and I have to pay for something and not get something for it? I pay taxes, taxes and more taxes which to a point is ok but supporting someone who doesn't legally belong is burning me and a lot of my fellow Americans up on a daily basis. It will only get worse if it doesn't stop pretty fast. I have already considered ways to move my money off shore to keep more for me. I will only do what is legal but I will protect what is mine. This will of course carry over for others living in border areas. How long will it take before that rancher in Texas starts dropping Mexicans with his rifle and scope when they cross the line. People are already dying trying to enter this country. I know the conditions in Mexico. I vacation there almost every year and love how far our money goes but you can bet your butt they check our passports every time we go. I've had Mexican custom officials try to get bribes not to inspect my luggage and never have I had an American customs agent do anything wrong. I've been searched entering both countries and I don't mind.
My best friend just moved to New Mexico and he was amazed at the hate spilling over toward the Hispanics there. It's not so much hate because of their race but rather the circumstances of being there. Illegals are a huge drain on the economy and sooner rather than later it will come to a head. How much in taxes do you think California can take? How about Texas? It gets to a point where you can't afford the drain. WE ARE THERE! We solve this problem fast or else others are going to take steps to solve it and we may not like the results. I don't advocate violence and hope it never goes there but human nature and frustration lead to drastic measures by weaker people. Stopping the human flood into this country must and will occur. The question is how. You don't want borders so how are you going to pay for this? If we expect this country to advance and our lives to improve we have to solve this issue ASAP. Maybe the answer is somewhere on the website.
Tim

JMB
10-02-2005, 11:37 AM
Most homeowners can cut their own grass for what they conceive to be nothing. (As opposed to doing their own dental work) So paying to get the grass cut is a hard thing to swallow.
Now for the lazy guy that makes $40-50K per year he is looking for the cheapest guy out there. "Just keep it short so I don't have to" Times are a little tight and discount cutters comes along so sure he will switch.
The next guy makes $80-120K and he wants a few nice things and thinks he should get great service. He will be a little more picky about who he goes with and when he finds the guy that answers the wants he will stick. But he can still go out and cut his grass or trim bushes if he wants. This should be the bottom of where you start to work
Next group are the people that make $200+ and can not cut their grass or take care of their homes. For them to take the time is to costly for them as they make much more in each hour and can not waste it cutting grass.
They want the landscape guy that manicures the property, does the lawn care, makes sure the Irrigation is set and always working, and most important is to be invisible. There should never be a reason for him to be concerned about anything or have to make any calls. This he will pay for as it is profitable to him because time is money. This is what you need to sell.
If all you do is cut grass - you will always duke it out with the others cutters.
If you create a product/service that is valuable to people and than you LEARN HOW TO SELL IT, you will create a business and not have to worry about bottom feeders.

Excellent Post! Well said.

Evergreenpros
10-02-2005, 12:12 PM
Let them have the price shoppers, don't even worry about them. Those customers would have Charles Manson mow their lawn if he did it cheaper than you!! They care about nothing but price, nothing.

joe4
10-02-2005, 12:37 PM
Joe4 I'm really not attacking you but the comment about an apartment with 5 amigos doesn't bother me at all. In fact here in Louisville it is getting very common place for many illegals to share housing and living expenses. Fortunately the apartment owners and city officials realize this is unsafe and dangerous so they are cracking down. About time too but more to the point would be why? First they are illegal. Second they are sending their money back home and last but far from least: They pay no taxes or SS and use our hospitals and schools free of charge. I don't like seeing them on any form of aid if they are illegal. Mine and your tax dollars are paying for them to be here and that is just wrong. Don't you get the big picture here? It is not about "Gods People" which we all are, but rather the legal right to live and work here in the first place. Why should you and I have to pay for something and not get something for it? I pay taxes, taxes and more taxes which to a point is ok but supporting someone who doesn't legally belong is burning me and a lot of my fellow Americans up on a daily basis. It will only get worse if it doesn't stop pretty fast. I have already considered ways to move my money off shore to keep more for me. I will only do what is legal but I will protect what is mine. This will of course carry over for others living in border areas. How long will it take before that rancher in Texas starts dropping Mexicans with his rifle and scope when they cross the line. People are already dying trying to enter this country. I know the conditions in Mexico. I vacation there almost every year and love how far our money goes but you can bet your butt they check our passports every time we go. I've had Mexican custom officials try to get bribes not to inspect my luggage and never have I had an American customs agent do anything wrong. I've been searched entering both countries and I don't mind.
My best friend just moved to New Mexico and he was amazed at the hate spilling over toward the Hispanics there. It's not so much hate because of their race but rather the circumstances of being there. Illegals are a huge drain on the economy and sooner rather than later it will come to a head. How much in taxes do you think California can take? How about Texas? It gets to a point where you can't afford the drain. WE ARE THERE! We solve this problem fast or else others are going to take steps to solve it and we may not like the results. I don't advocate violence and hope it never goes there but human nature and frustration lead to drastic measures by weaker people. Stopping the human flood into this country must and will occur. The question is how. You don't want borders so how are you going to pay for this? If we expect this country to advance and our lives to improve we have to solve this issue ASAP. Maybe the answer is somewhere on the website.
Tim

I do not feel attacked, I like a good discussion.

The Mexican living with 5 amigos is a raciest remark.

What if I said the Black living in the ghetto with his 500 cousins?

It is nice to see that our US dollars are going to Mexico on vacation. Would they not be better spent in Florida?

Our hospitals and schools are free for all that cannot afford it not just Mexicans.

They do pay sales tax. Unless you know someway around that.

Guthrie&Co
10-02-2005, 12:37 PM
The people that nickle and dime you over your price are the same people that will take you away from the clients that are willing to pay the freight. the moment you ditch them you will become more profitable because you can devote you time to those who are willing to pay.

dcplace2004
10-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Did you know that the State of Washington just approved for all Illegals to get free Medicaid? Oh, yes sir REEEEEEEE BOBBBBB! Now, what were you saying? So, Not only do they buy vehicles and get financed for home with fake socials, they get free medicaid now...then they turn around and lowball everyone...it is too late to worry about though, at the tune of half a million a year coming over--the government lets it happen...the rich like their slaves too much to close the borders or even police them like they should...peace...

brucec32
10-02-2005, 04:57 PM
Don't blame the Hispanics. This kind of thing is going to become more common. It is just the expected end result of a foolish, nearly open-ended immigration policy. Face facts, BILLIONS of people from all races around the world who live in extreme poverty compared to us want to come here and work. They will work for a relative pittance. And they will keep coming, to the tune of a couple million a year, until it really isn't America anymore.

The end result is that anything that CAN be done by an immigrant (jobs not requiring higher education or good language skills) WILL eventually be done by them. Economies are brutally efficient that way. And as a double-whammy, any good paying job that CAN be outsourced to other countries where labor is cheaper (customer service call centers, computer work, manufacturing jobs, etc) WILL be sent overseas eventually as the economics of open borders and the global economy force companies to do so or face extinction as their competition can undercut their costs. American workers will get squeezed from both sides. And you as a business owner will too, since immigrant employers will also be willing to make less than you want to make. It's already happened in construction. The guys who found it cute to undercut their competition hiring immigrants 15 years ago are now put out of business by their former employees who have big advantages in hiring, culture, etc, and can beat them at their own game.

We have been pursuing a suicidal business model for decades now, and it's starting to hit home with more and more of us. Initially, "buy american" resistance kept some jobs here, but that's a thing of the past. And "use american companies" was the prefered way of getting personal services done. But those barriers have come down and now it's open season on American workers and businesses. If you are unable to find a niche' that an immigrant worker can't fill, you are headed towards extinction yourself. The hard fact is, a huge proportion of Americans are not qualified temperamentally, educationally, etc to be lawyers, doctors, engineers, etc, and they will still need jobs.

The fact is, we can't "save" 4 billion people in the world living in poverty by moving them here. And we can't employ millions of Americans at our current standard of living if they have to compete with immigrants and foreign workers willing to work for half or less.

Free trade combined with mass immigration from the 3rd world is a death sentence. We could probably adapt to one or the other, but not both.

Ancient Rome learned this the hard way, as their citizens were put on out of work and on the dole by the massive influx of slave labor from their conquests. Eventually a Roman who was not from a wealthy family could not find work at all. Why hire a Roman when you could buy a slave cheap?

I won't even get into the moral rot caused by having your country's hard work and other obligations done by foreigners. They are even enlisting non-citizens in the military now. Again, shades of the Fall of the Ancient Roman Empire.

You have to decide. Do you want an open borders society or a good living for your children? Because it's just equilibrium of wages. Add enough people happy to make $15,000 a year and your wages will meet theirs somewhere in the middle.

nelbuts
10-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Well it is not only this administration but past too. As they all suck up to the spanish vote. Look at Carter and Cuba and the boat lift. I really do not know what they are thinking. Of course find out who does their lawns.

brucec32
10-02-2005, 05:15 PM

I have to disagree. Where I can't compete is with the full service companies who cater to high end homeowners who want the works. I don't have the LABOR to compete with their $8/hour guys. I can however use my increased efficiency, hustle, and better equipment to be very price competitive on mowing. And if I wanted to I bet I'd have a much easier time finding Americans willing to sit on ZTRs than to pull weeds, mulch beds, trim shrubs, dig holes, and do the heavier type work. You can put a $18/hour worker on a ZTR, train him, and make it pay. You can't give him a shovel or have him pulling weeds at that price and make it worth it. I may have it easy, but here in Atlanta I almost never get price based objections. I lose business only because I lack the labor to do the full service stuff some want. I do fine on the mow/blow/go customers. It COSTS me money to do shrubs even at $60/hour, since it tires me out so quickly.

I find that people want RELIABILITY, and when you have a simple yard you just need mowed, some guy who cuts your price by $5 a cut doesn't really matter. That's about $150 a year. Many will pay the price to get someone clean cut, reliable, and good. But on a $5,000/year full service high end account, the hourly differential really adds up.

PROCUT1
10-02-2005, 06:01 PM
How about everyone stop blaming everyone else for your lack of success..... If you dont have work YOU ARE the problem.....

This is all business.....

The same people complaining about mexicans and lowballers are the ones posting the threads about

" How can I squeeze my dealer for a few more dollars off a ztr"
" Where can I find the cheapest online parts"
" Who makes the cheapest, best blower"

You are choosing to try and make a living in a " profession" that is essentialy an unskilled job..........

Most anyone can cut grass
Most anyone can operate a lawn mower
And Most anyone COULD do a good job at it

Yet we all still sit on this board and complain that other people did the same thing we all did....... Started mowing because it was easy to start and kept going from there.......

Get some training.........develop a skill that these other guys dont have and market yourself........

Why do you think so many " successful "companies are getting out of mowing?

You can sit here and b!tch all day or adapt and move on..... Your competetiors will........

Tom-N-Texas
10-02-2005, 08:36 PM
The Mexican living with 5 amigos is a raciest remark.

First of all, you need to learn how to spell racist if you're going to accuse someone of it. Second of all...this comment is based on truth. Most of these guys who work in lawn service have families back in Mexico. They cannot afford regular house payments, so they shack up in apartments and split their bills with several other people. Then they send whatever money is leftover to their families in Mexico. This is not a racist comment. I am not racist. These people are the hardest working people around. I have incredible respect for most of them. You, Joe, need to get off your freaking liberal high-horse, quit stirring up hate where there is none, and join the real world.

Ramairfreak98ss
10-02-2005, 08:40 PM
glad i live in the north east then at least lol, sucks thats happening, id be pissed too WE certainly wouldnt live with 5 relatives god. lol

dcplace2004
10-02-2005, 09:45 PM
in my county of 400,000, I see that 95 percent of the lawn companies do substandard work...3 percent are average...2 percent to a great job...I bet you fit in with the 95 percent...hiring a bunch of highshool kids or illegals to do the work for ya...in that case, you just as well have some chimps mowing...and because of this, I am slowly but surely taking accounts from people like you--I point out the shoddy work to people, tell them that I will charge 10 dollars more a week and they say "wonderful, we will hire you then."....If you all would do things right, you can run every lowballer out of town...some of the people that I see cutting the lawns brings me to the conclusion that they probably have some form of criminal record...do you think that people want a criminal working near them or their loved ones...guess what, illegal immigrant ARE criminals!!!!!! Remember that huge electrified fense on Jurrasic park?...that is what they need from one body of water to the other...40 foot of concrete under ground, 20 foot thick, 30 feet tall fense with razor wire, 500,000 volts with amps, and horse, vehicle, etc patrols 24/7...wonder if that would keep them out?

joe4
10-02-2005, 10:13 PM
First of all, you need to learn how to spell racist if you're going to accuse someone of it. Second of all...this comment is based on truth. Most of these guys who work in lawn service have families back in Mexico. They cannot afford regular house payments, so they shack up in apartments and split their bills with several other people. Then they send whatever money is leftover to their families in Mexico. This is not a racist comment. I am not racist. These people are the hardest working people around. I have incredible respect for most of them. You, Joe, need to get off your freaking liberal high-horse, quit stirring up hate where there is none, and join the real world.

I did not call you a racist just your comment, I do not know you just what you posted. Just because another company is low balling and is Mexican does not mean that they live in a crap house with 5 other people. He could have a Masters in business with a 10 year business plan that includes offering a lower price than you and a big house all to himself. But you profiled him otherwise based on race.

Not to sure how the below is from a high-horse.
"I agree that my ideas are not the norm but somewhere between me without boarders and most peoples idea of more there is a compromise."

"I do not feel attacked, I like a good discussion."

I would like to see any proof you have of the below comments.
Most of these guys who work in lawn service have families back in Mexico.

They cannot afford regular house payments, so they shack up in apartments and split their bills with several other people.

Then they send whatever money is leftover to their families in Mexico.

Patriots
10-02-2005, 10:19 PM
Is everyone missing the point? He had the accounts for 8 to 9 years - something is wrong with the work being done if a customer is willing to fire you after 8 or 9 years just to save a few bucks. Do a better job a you won't have to worry about the lowballers.

PROCUT1
10-02-2005, 10:23 PM
Somehow 95 percent of the lawn companies obviously have enough work to stay in business......

Funny thought....... Anyone ever notice that none of your " competitors" namely these large multi-crew operations that everyone says does shoddy work, are here on lawnsite b!itching about scrubs and mexicans...... Theyre busy building their business.

I sold most of my mowing business to concentrate on other services but the fact is that most people just want their grass cut...

Mowing is not science.......Yes some people do a lousy job but most are decent.......

If you show up every week and dont run anything over....generally people are happy.....

I had multiple mowing crews out there and didnt lose clients left and right to the one man shows with their " super quality".. Nor did I lose many to the " lowballers and scrubs".......

Most people dont pay nearly as much attention to their lawn as people make it sound on this board.....

For our business model we didnt take on clients who were going to measure every blade of grass every week...... Those customers need a small guy that will answer to every detail.... Yes there were customers not happy with our service and they found someone that they were happy with..... Those were not the customers we were looking for........

We kept hundreds of customers year after year without issue..... Yes every year a few left, a few came back, and many new ones were added......

Now on the other hand explain to me where you can put together a large crew of adult, skilled, American men to mow lawns ten hours a day for a wage comparable to an air-conditioned retail job.

That description of worker generally does not exist. WHY?
Because they went out and bought their own mower and truck and now they are in the lawn business.....

Now you say to raise rates to pay a better wage........ Whats a better rate? 20 per hr? Benefits? retirement?

So now you have a three man crew that costs you base pay+taxes+extras lets say to be conservative $90.00 per hour........

Explain to me where the customers are that will pay $100.00 for a lawn that everyone else is charging 30.........

Thirdpete
10-02-2005, 10:38 PM
Those god damned mexicans, the nerve of those border jumping wetbacks to come to america and try to earn a living and create a better life for themselves and their families. what audacity they have.

quit complaining that the same people you hire to do your work because you feel they aren't skilled workers are the ones who take your business away. nobody has a problem hiring "some amigos" to do some work because they're just amigos, but now that they're a threat, it's those damn mexicans.

grow up.

r_snowrider
10-02-2005, 11:09 PM
You can bash the people that support them...fine. I don't like it anymore than you. But you don't care anymore than them about the next mans profit. I know if I lived in a poverty ridden country I wouldn't give a damn about what some wealthy person across the border thought if it meant a better life for my family. You make fun of them for living "15 to an apartment" while you sit and complain on you $1500 computer.

Ya it sucks and I would rather support a tax paying legal american, but if it meant a better life for you and your family then what would you do?

And I have to laugh at whoever made the complaint that they work harder for less. Well maybe you should work harder.

Guthrie&Co
10-02-2005, 11:48 PM
What i dont unedrstand is why you would hire a mexican that you trust everyday to go out and do the work on your name. while he has your reputation in his hands, but you cant communicate with him.

nutt4outdoors
10-03-2005, 12:16 AM
I would like to see any proof you have of the below comments.
1.Most of these guys who work in lawn service have families back in Mexico.

2.They cannot afford regular house payments, so they shack up in apartments and split their bills with several other people.

3.Then they send whatever money is leftover to their families in Mexico.
Let me see if I can answer these for ya.
1. Yes, a lot of the illegals have family back in Mexico. I have property in the TX hill country that is fairly close to the boarder. We have had illegals walk through our property with in 50 yards of us. Long story short, when the Boarder Patrol officer came out we had a long discussion with him about the illegals. He stated that the majority of them are seasonal works. They spend most of the year in the US working (sending their paycheck back to their family in Mexico) and go back home during the holiday months.

2. If someone was sending the majority of their pay to their home country, then it make sense to share housing with people that have the same goal (cuts down on cost).

3. I will refer back to answer #1 on this one. The BP officer that we spoke with said that most of the illegals coming over a male. They come to the US to work to send money back to their family's.

I am all for LEGAL immergration. We all know that is what our country is built on (and has been stated numerous times). What I am not for is illegals using hospitals as a free clinic (my wife works at a hospital). Hospitals are NOT FREE health care providers. Why would we need heath insurance if that was the case? I don't quit understand your views but thats OK, we agree to disagree.

Tom-N-Texas
10-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Joe,

I been doing this business for 18 years now, and I know and have talked at length to many of the hispanics who own lawn services in this area. In fact I often subcontract some services (sprinkler work, tree work) to a good friend of mine who is hispanic.

If you think about it the only way they could possibly low-ball like they do is IF and only IF they have super-low overhead....ie....living with lots of other dudes and paying virtually no rent....drive an old crappy truck..have no insurance...etc.

The fact that they all cram in together is pretty common knowledge here. They do it to survive. I'm not even knocking what they're doing...I'm just acknowledging the trend.

dcplace2004
10-03-2005, 04:16 AM
We can gripe all we want, but the illegals will keep coming over, half a million a year, as our government watches--they want it to happen...GW got almost all of the hispanic vote--imagine that! What we can do it not worry about things we cannot change...Perform good service and push the lowballers out of the business and back into their nasty looking houses with beat up cars and debris piled sky high outside, where they can collect their welfare checks again...don't get mad, get even! Here in Pacific Northwest it is not the hispanics, it is the White Basura doing the lowballing...and if I had to pick, I would rather be around the hispanics than the White Basura...meth smoking pieces of work they are...

PMLAWN
10-03-2005, 06:42 AM
I have to disagree. Where I can't compete is with the full service companies who cater to high end homeowners who want the works. I don't have the LABOR to compete with their $8/hour guys. I can however use my increased efficiency, hustle, and better equipment to be very price competitive on mowing. And if I wanted to I bet I'd have a much easier time finding Americans willing to sit on ZTRs than to pull weeds, mulch beds, trim shrubs, dig holes, and do the heavier type work. You can put a $18/hour worker on a ZTR, train him, and make it pay. You can't give him a shovel or have him pulling weeds at that price and make it worth it. I may have it easy, but here in Atlanta I almost never get price based objections. I lose business only because I lack the labor to do the full service stuff some want. I do fine on the mow/blow/go customers. It COSTS me money to do shrubs even at $60/hour, since it tires me out so quickly.

I find that people want RELIABILITY, and when you have a simple yard you just need mowed, some guy who cuts your price by $5 a cut doesn't really matter. That's about $150 a year. Many will pay the price to get someone clean cut, reliable, and good. But on a $5,000/year full service high end account, the hourly differential really adds up.
I believe that we are saying the same thing, just with a different size business.
I believe that you are a solo or with a helper, right? And yes you can make more money by doing less but by doing it better.
We agree that the quality of work is what matters. I am running crews so we can do the full service but we still provide the service in great detail and perfection. As far as the origin of my workers, well we are well rounded but I will not hire anyone without a SS# and everyone I have lives here all year. Most have very nice homes that they own.
As far as paying guys to do a job, we top out around $15.per but for that they better diver the Z AND pick weeds as that is all part of the job.
In this business you have to know what you are good at- know what the customer wants and if that is the customer you want and than answer that need. This is than your area of service or niche.
The farther away from the masses that that point is the easier it will be to produce profits at this.

Remsen1
10-03-2005, 10:12 AM
These lowballers just happen to be Mexicans.
Even if you were to find a way to undermine their operation....
Some white, black, yellow, red lowballers will happen along soon to replace them.

This industry is really taking it from all directions, including immigration.
This lowballing crap is really cutting deep.
This along with the long list of other problems is why this industry continues to make ZERO headway...

I don't see an end to it in sight.
From where I am sitting, I now thing it's a lost cause just to be honest.
Therefore, the only hope for most of us is to find a way to 'hedge' against it somehow.

You're right about that. Lowballers come in all colors shapes and sizes. I'm not familiar with the Mexican work force but I imagine they lifestyle in Mexico is impoverished which means they are willing to do a whole lot more for a whole lot less.

Remsen1
10-03-2005, 10:25 AM
I can't complain about any one ethnic group in my area because everyone of the startups are just trying to make a living. I see just as many Caucasions as I do any other race and they all have just as much right as I do to make a living. What we need is a better economy.

You live in Idaho.

wacamaster
10-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Just get your crew together and go kick all them mexicans asses. They can't report you because they are illegal. They'll move elsewhere.

sheshovel
10-03-2005, 11:01 AM
I say work a little harder,so they trim shrubs and pull weeds with their weekly service,then so should you.If you pull weeds the 1st time,after that it's hardly any time to maintain them.Same with shrubs once they are in shape you sure don't have to trimm them weekly mabey monthly and not at all in winter.These guys know this..they are offering what SEEMS like xtra work for the same amnt of money...when in reality it might be an extra 2 hours a year all total to provide that xtra work for the same amnt of $.
I would rather that ...than loose the job all together

wacamaster
10-03-2005, 11:06 AM
Ever hear of the rule 'Never take another Lco's customer?

I would probably revise that and say don't take another Lco's customer who does good work. I pick up accounts all the time when I see a shitty job done every week. I drop a proposal in the mailbox and state how we won't leave clumps and the blades are sharp so you won't have trails of grass in your yard... ect. I get about 50% of them, and don't think it's unethical at all.

eyes&earsopen
10-03-2005, 11:13 AM
I don't really care about the politics relating to this issue, after these last couple of elections I've given up on politics. I mean with all of the major issues facing our country, during the election some campaign analysts were praising W. because he hopped off a stool quickly during one of the debates! I'm not bashing Bush, I'm just giving an example that turned me off on politics in America. But for this post it's funny. We're talking about laws then we mention "a monopoly", there's the "I'm not racist" but an "amigos" is dropped. I'm relatively new to the game but maybe while the "financial killing" was being made, some small things were overlooked. Maybe you became too comfortable. Go back and look at some things. At the end of the day, in a few weeks you'll probably get some call backs because of poor service or something, or maybe they just disappear. If it's a "large group" and they aren't charging the appropriate rates to get some type of profit, eventually they will face a to shut down decision. If they can't put gas in their equipment they can't function. Their size is their overhead. Maybe I'm not making any sense, or maybe this is over my head - I just thought I'd do some writing this morning.

Scotts' Yard Care
10-03-2005, 01:36 PM
You live in Idaho.

But we live in an area of almost purely ag based businesses that employed many Hispanics legal or otherwise. Our ag economy is dying due to the cheaper imports from other countrys so many of these workers are finding jobs in landscaping or starting their own companies. Probably not as severe competition as what people face in other parts of the country but still bad enough.

dcplace2004
10-03-2005, 01:37 PM
perhaps a mediator or Mr. Adams can comment on this...Bottom line, work hard, do a good job, and you will do well...end of story...both of my children are hispanic and my spouse is from Spain...hispanic means "of spanish origin"...that would include spaniards, mexicans, puerto ricans, cubans, the list goes on...the truth that my wife IS the origin, the conquistador if you will, that marched on the beaches of Mexico and Peru many moons ago with spears, shields, and crosses and the rest is history...if you want to blame anyone, blame HER! :waving:

Scotts' Yard Care
10-03-2005, 01:45 PM
perhaps a mediator or Mr. Adams can comment on this...Bottom line, work hard, do a good job, and you will do well...end of story...both of my children are hispanic and my spouse is from Spain...hispanic means "of spanish origin"...that would include spaniards, mexicans, puerto ricans, cubans, the list goes on...the truth that my wife IS the origin, the conquistador if you will, that marched on the beaches of Mexico and Peru many moons ago with spears, shields, and crosses and the rest is history...if you want to blame anyone, blame HER! :waving:

is NOT to excoriate any race! I have repeatedly said here and in other posts
that I hold no ill feelings toward anyone, whatever ethnicity. My beef is with those in power who have wrecked our economy through outsourcing and illegal labor importation. My only solution to this is to work hard and efficiently as possible. Simply put, best wishes and good luck to us all :)

dcplace2004
10-03-2005, 02:25 PM
Keeping the dictionary next to you? I won't lie, I had to look it up...neat dictionary to download is WordWeb...download and keep it minimized for instant help--plus it is free...I am always up for new words...I know I mispell words but the words people come up with on this site make me laugh...they spell phonetically....words like akshun for action...unreal...

jbell113
10-03-2005, 03:57 PM
I am hoping the new fair tax bill will weed most of them out. By paying 23% tax on everything they buy they wont be able to work so cheap.

SouthernYankee
10-03-2005, 05:40 PM
My post is much different than the other posts.

When I decided to move to Houston to live with my Fiannce and her family, I did a lot of research while I was in college about the Houston area and how the landscaping market was. Unlike Atlanta(which I thought I was going to move to) I found there were very few people from the Houston area on Lawnsite(but the ones that helped me were invaluable) to even help me in a metro region that has over 5 million people

In Houston I have only seen 1 caucasion landscaper due to the fact that its all hispanic crews here. Many of them I am sure are illegals, but in preparing to move to Houston, my attitude about the situation helped me re-start and expand my buisness.

I dont care who I am competing with, rather I worry about my buisness and how I can be sucessful at it.

All of my accounts were new homeowners OR I took other landscapers accounts and in my case all of the other landscapers were HISPANIC. I dont really care that they were hispanic, I just care about getting thier accounts.

Bottom line, all of my present and future clients hire me because..........

1. I am professional

2. Dependable service and proper billing,invoices...ect.

3. I am licensed and insured

4. I do a good job.

People dont mind paying if they are getting quality service.

Know what your rival companies are offering and offer something they arent or provide better service and you will suceed

Scotts' Yard Care
10-03-2005, 06:28 PM
Keeping the dictionary next to you? I won't lie, I had to look it up...neat dictionary to download is WordWeb...download and keep it minimized for instant help--plus it is free...I am always up for new words...I know I mispell words but the words people come up with on this site make me laugh...they spell phonetically....words like akshun for action...unreal...
:D And I still misspell my share of words.

Tom-N-Texas
10-03-2005, 07:50 PM
Bottom line, all of my present and future clients hire me because..........

1. I am professional

2. Dependable service and proper billing,invoices...ect.

3. I am licensed and insured

4. I do a good job.

People dont mind paying if they are getting quality service.

Trust me, I offer the same, quality service as you mention. I've been in this business for 18 years. I've built up a large customer base by being professional, dependable, insured, etc. However, money talks sometimes...especially in tough economic climates. Some customers, given the chance to save a few bucks are not afraid to quickly make a change. Tom

DFW Area Landscaper
10-03-2005, 08:35 PM
The sad truth is, even if you knew for certain that a competitor was hiring illegals, or in Tom's case, you know for certain that an illegal is seeking work (and stealing your accounts) there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

There simply isn't any enforcement. None. Nada. Zilch.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=100683&highlight=report

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

dcplace2004
10-04-2005, 05:49 AM
Now you no why I keep WordWeb minimized...I missed that "s"...you no what I meen? ...My brother lives in Houston, close to the Willowbrook Area at Fm 1960--the good part of town...He said it is like a dogdamed fiesta of Lawn(CARE) Trucks (bought with fake Socials) and trailers (Stolen) on every street corner...he said that if you don't have your trailer anchored down it will be gone in 2 minutes...Whatever 3.6 to 5 percent here we have in this city, they will meet their maker if I am even able to get a license plate number--they know where they are at, I assure you of that...

PMLAWN
10-04-2005, 08:15 AM
Now you no why I keep WordWeb minimized...I missed that "s"...you no what I meen? ...My brother lives in Houston, close to the Willowbrook Area at Fm 1960--the good part of town...He said it is like a dogdamed fiesta of Lawn(CARE) Trucks (bought with fake Socials) and trailers (Stolen) on every street corner...he said that if you don't have your trailer anchored down it will be gone in 2 minutes...Whatever 3.6 to 5 percent here we have in this city, they will meet their maker if I am even able to get a license plate number--they know where they are at, I assure you of that...
Where do you get your info?
This is the type of comment that is wrong. To assume that all others are bad without facts is wrong.
"meet their maker" --please tell, what do you mean??