PDA

View Full Version : Any Gravely 252z or 260z owners?

beaver29
10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
I have a Gravely 252z and if i'm going down an incline at an angle and i try to turn my mower does not turn it keeps going straight. I wonder if it is because of the high center of gravity or something wrong with the mower? Anyone else run into this problem?

jtkplc
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
hmm, well sounds to me like you may be going too fast. either that or a traction issue. the lawn pictured in my avatar i now do on a diagonal, and it's a fairly long steep hill, i have no problem turning on it. are you still new to the machine, maybe you just need more experience on it.

MOturkey
10-02-2005, 10:27 PM
I have a Gravely 250Z made the last year before they switched to the 52" deck. It is difficult to say, without actually seeing what you are mowing, but to hazard a guess, I'd say either the hillside is just too steep to go down safely, or you are going too fast.

I've turned on some steep terrain, but you have to be creeping along so that you retain traction. Just a little too much reverse, and your wheels will be spinning backwards, sending you down the hill out of control and leaving some beautiful skid marks in the turf in the process.

DJ Contracting
10-02-2005, 10:56 PM
I have a Gravely also and notice that i lose traction going lateral to the hill on one of my accounts that has birm built along the back of their property