PDA

View Full Version : Walker gasket recall

Boycea
10-03-2005, 05:27 PM
I just got back from my walker dealer after having my walker pour out oil all over my mower and one of my customers lawns. The walker was just recently purchased by me and has only 225 hours on it. The dealer told me that they had a recall on this model (26hp EFI) due to bad gaskets. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I be worried about permanent damage done to the engine?

Thanks
Adam

JMB
10-03-2005, 07:14 PM
Depends on how long you let the engine run after the oil dumped/blew. Did you kill it immediately or let it run until it siezed up?
If they had a recall, I would be asking why I didn't get a recall notice.

Boycea
10-03-2005, 07:32 PM
I killed the engine immediately, so i'm hoping no damage was done. I was thinking the same thing, as to why I didn't receive a recall notice. I don't know if the paperwork was held up or something since it was just purchased recently.

JMB
10-03-2005, 07:50 PM
I killed the engine immediately, so i'm hoping no damage was done. I was thinking the same thing, as to why I didn't receive a recall notice. I don't know if the paperwork was held up or something since it was just purchased recently.

If you killed the engine immedieately, there shuoldn't be any engine damage.
I would be very interested in when this recall was issued. If it was issued before you bought the mower, then seems to me that the dealer should have been responsible for sending the unit back to Walker or at the very least fixing it before he sold it. If it was me, I would be raising he?? with someone and would probably want a new mower. Is Walker gonna pay to have you're customers yard fixed? if you got much oil on it, it will take new top soil as well as new sod or seed.

Restrorob
10-03-2005, 08:04 PM
I would like to have the model, spec. and serial numbers off this engine.
I have heard nothing of this recall either and would like to check into it.
Thanks

Boycea
10-03-2005, 08:12 PM
I would like to have the model, spec. and serial numbers off this engine.
I have heard nothing of this recall either and would like to check into it.
Thanks

I am going back their tomorrow, I will write down exactly what gasket is faulty and I will ask what serial numbers it affected. What really gets me is that when I bought the Walker two months ago I was told by the dealer that their would always be a loaner available, that was a main reason why I went through this dealer. Well guess what, I go in their today and no loaner available. :angry:

gene gls
10-03-2005, 09:20 PM
I am going back their tomorrow, I will write down exactly what gasket is faulty and I will ask what serial numbers it affected. What really gets me is that when I bought the Walker two months ago I was told by the dealer that their would always be a loaner available, that was a main reason why I went through this dealer. Well guess what, I go in their today and no loaner available. :angry:

Where did you get the Walker? I have found that loaners are seldem available unless the dealer has a demo unit that is not in use.

Gene