PDA

View Full Version : mulch kit compatibility?

sailinstud420
10-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Does anyone here know if a mulch kit off of a 48" tthp, will fit a 52" tt? Also, does anyone happen to have any photos of an installed mulch kit? what all does a kit like this include? Thanks.

sailinstud420
10-03-2005, 08:27 PM
this shouldnt be that hard of a question to answer.. anyone out there, before this page disappears into page two of the forum (never to return)?

QualityLawnCare4u
10-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Im not sure about the tthp but I know on my JD none of the mulch kits are interchangable. Your dealer should be able to look on there puter and answer your question real fast, (unless you get one of the lazy stupid ones like we have here that wont even look up a *&** thing for you). Their favorite answer is "I dunno, umm, I dunno or "no that part wont work" while proped up on elbows and to dam lazy to look :realmad:

sailinstud420
10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
that sounds like my dealer, For a second there I thought you were describing the same place I go to....

QualityLawnCare4u
10-03-2005, 10:24 PM
I was serious too, it really is that way at several places here, try our toro or ferris dealer if you can wake them up long enough to set their lazy azzes in front of the computer, acts like it kills them. You do good to get the Toro dealer to even speak to you.

brucec32
10-04-2005, 02:18 AM
I have the same 48" deck on my lazer hp, and from what I see I would be very surprised if you could use it on anything else. First, the holes have to be drilled in exactly the right spots and second, the dimensions of the baffles would probably not fit right. Those things fit in there pretty tight as is. Finally, I believe the tt has a deeper deck, and I assume the mulch baffles are supposed to be a little deeper as well. Mulching is one area where "close enough" probably won't give good results anyway, with some pretty technical stuff concerning air flow and whatnot.

sailinstud420
10-04-2005, 09:12 PM
alright, well thanks for the info. Anyone have a used one for a 52" deck?? Do they work that well or will I still need to bag leaves?

lawnmaniac883
10-04-2005, 10:27 PM
I doubt they would work, the baffles would need to be a little bigger I think.