PDA

View Full Version : My right side is weak

DynaMow
10-03-2005, 11:23 PM
I have a Lesco Hydro w/b w/ 475 hrs on it. Lesco sulky and I weigh 180#. My right side is weak, doesn't pull like the left side. Will not go up hills like it should. Have adjusted all I know to adjust. What I am wondering is if anyone is familiar with this? Is the pump going bad, wheel motor, air in system? What do you all think?

South Florida Lawns
10-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Make sure that there is no air in the lines. But it does sound like a wheel motor is going out. With less than 500 hrs you might be able to get this under warranty call your dealer.

PurpHaze
10-04-2005, 12:29 AM
My right side is weak, doesn't pull like the left side.

Get some of those special shoes that are built up on one side only. Should straighten things right out. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) :D

Envy Lawn Service
10-04-2005, 12:33 AM
Is this the fixed deck or floating deck?
Makes a big difference because the drive is different.

I suspect the less serious things first....

Bypass valve open
Tracking adjustments
Air in the system

Check the bypass valves to make sure they are not open. They both should be closed just snug all the way and one or both sides should not be easy to push with the engine off.

If that's not it, look at the tracking adjustments. I'm sure you may have already suspected this. But these cannot be 100% properly adjusted without lifting both rear wheels off the ground and setting the frame on jacks/jackstands. Then the tracking can be adjusted at max engine RPM with no load on the hydros at all. Even if you had no creep with the wheels down, you may well encounter some while jacked up. Adjust to absolute zero creep.

If this is not it, while you have the machine up in this manner and running max RPM, carefully open the reservior cap and check for any foaming, bubbling or metalic swirls visible in the fluid.

Has the fluid and filter been changed yet by the way?

hole in one lco
10-04-2005, 12:57 AM
and make shire the brake isn't sticking

cgland
10-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Is it a dual hydro? Check your fluid levels. Also, check the air in your tires. Different pressures will affect tracking.

Chris

burns60
10-04-2005, 01:20 AM
Glad that there isn't a health issue here. At present I have a torn rotator cuff, keratitis in left eye, and had to have a molar removed today. What I need is a "hard freeze" here in the deep south and I think most of my problems would solve themselves.

Glad that yours are mechanical in nature. Happy Winter to us all!!!!!!!!!!

DynaMow
10-04-2005, 10:06 AM
and make shire the brake isn't sticking

it seems you are always willing to help with good advice, thats refreshing, anyways I thought about brake also, I will check that, but question is, is there a drum brake on just the right side or on both wheels?

Envy, thanks I am going to do what you suggest tonight, changed fluid and filter about 3 months ago, first time doing that, not sure of exactly all precautions that should be taken, could I of got air in the lines?

cgland, dual hydro, yes. have checked air, my common sense took me there first. you tryin to help? this must be an OK thread huh?

lwcmattlifter
10-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Is the pump drive belt tight?