PDA

View Full Version : can i turn my giant vac leaf blower into a vacuum loader?

clydesdale
10-03-2005, 10:51 PM
Is there a way to make me 11hp blower, a vacuum loader? Thanks

mkwl
10-03-2005, 11:09 PM
I too would like to know if it would be possible.

mkwl
10-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Does ANYONE know is it is possible? I might be interested in making my 8HP Mighty Mac into a truckloader.

kc2006
10-04-2005, 09:38 PM
That would be very hard to do. You'd have to build a new housing and who knows if the turbine is built right to be able to do that. I'd imagine the actual loader turbines are alot stronger since they get the abuse of getting beat with leaves/sticks whatever else.

By the time you get done ruining a 11hp blower and spending all the money to try and fab up a new housing you'd be better off buying a new or used loader.

Jason Pallas
10-04-2005, 10:01 PM
No - the fab work isn't that hard at all. I've looked into it and plan to do it this winter when things slow up. I believe the impellers are exactly the same as the blowers. I'm gonna convert an 11hp billy goat to a truck loader.

kc2006
10-04-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm pretty good when it comes to fabrication, but how do you presume to make a new housing?

Unless its just a quick fabricated (when i say fabricated I mean a front and rear plate and then strips of metal bent around and welded so it would have a square inlet and outlet) unit? I'm interested to hear this. That quick fab'd way is the only way i can think of it, kind of hard to shape metal from the Round Inlet formed to the square body of the impeller housing without some form of press.

Restrorob
10-04-2005, 10:20 PM
If you go here you can download the parts manuals on the blower and truck loader just to get a idea of the difference between the two fans.
IMO, I don't believe a blower fan will hold up.
http://www.littlewonder.com/

CT18fireman
10-07-2005, 10:08 PM
It is actually pretty easy, I have done it with a giant vac. unbolt to motor from the housing, spin the housing so the blower exhause points stright up. Buy the intake hose and converter to replace the intake cover over the impeller. Fabricate a tube to load the leafs and you are set.

TLS
10-07-2005, 10:49 PM
I have an older Little Wonder 8hp blower with the vacuum hose attachment.

Works quite well.

Has a 10' intake hose and a 20' discharge hose. Older Little Wonder blower impellers were built to take the abuse.

I don't use it much for vacuuming anymore. May be willing to sell if anyone wants it locally.