PDA

View Full Version : Aeration in the Fall

valley boy
10-04-2005, 12:11 AM
How many try and sell Aeration to their customers in the fall ?? how many go for it ??

Soupy
10-04-2005, 12:22 AM
Fall is the best time for aerations. I suspect that every company that offers aeration markets this service in the fall. I sell more aerations to homeowners that cut their own grass then I do to my regular customers. These homeowners know that it is great for their lawn, but don't have an aerator sitting in their garage like they do a mower and spreader.

Mower For Less
10-04-2005, 12:34 AM
Just did 7 aerations this last weekend and 2 oversseding jobs, and 1 dethatching job. I would say it sells pretty well.

Kevin

Soupy
10-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Just did 7 aerations this last weekend and 2 oversseding jobs, and 1 dethatching job. I would say it sells pretty well.

Kevin

It's getting late for overseeding here (their talking possible frost next week), but I still sold 3 aeration/seeding jobs today to non mowing customers. These will get done in the morning while the dew is drying and I will have made $500 in 2 hours work with $90 of seed (Lesco Transition blend @ .85¢/lb + tax) used. Fert is sold separately because it is sold as a program, but many aeration sales come from current TGCL customers. I landed one of these for next years fert program.

6'7 330
10-04-2005, 01:22 AM
We will be plugging lawns until the ground freezes.And as previously stated fall is best time.