PDA

View Full Version : Fall 2005

6'7 330
10-03-2005, 11:55 PM
The calendar has October printed on it. I would swear it was July, 88 today and humid lol.

You guys who have endured terrible drought, what type of fall weather pattern would help your bottom line? Would you like a weather pattern that would allow for more renovations and aerations? Would an exceptional fall season of renovations help offset some of your maintaince loses?Can any plan of attack this fall help better your bottom line?

No offense and I feel for you maintenance only guys, but I am not sad that maintenance is not the meat of our revenue.

Jason Rose
10-04-2005, 12:37 AM
The calendar has October printed on it. I would swear it was July, 88 today and humid lol.

Hummm, same weather here! Tho the wind was blowing here about 30 to 40 mph today...

I KNOW it's not going to be long and we will all be freezing our azzes off trying to pick up leaves so I'm not going to cry about warm weather in October!

We have been lucky here, no drought. Been dry the last month or so but that's normal. What I'm hoping for is to get some good rains in the next few weeks and then DRY DRY DRY for when the leaves are falling!!! Man last year was wet every dang day in the fall and doing cleanups was a PITA and then we got 6" of white stuff right before Thanksgiving to knock down all the trees that hadn't totally defoliated yet...

LawnScapers of Dayton
10-04-2005, 03:40 AM
It was 86 and humid here in Dayton today also. The bottom is going to fall out on Wednesday though. Back to the 60's.....hooray......

Anyway....I was able to recover all plus some more of my losses from Aug. in September. By picking up some extra work......

I am basically maint. only......

PMLAWN
10-04-2005, 05:39 PM

Oct to April is a very long time.
35 years up there. Driving in April with the car window open for the first time thinking "boy I so happy it is finally spring, now to wash the salt off the car"
I remember Jan of 96 when we packed the motorhome to travel down to FLA in - 30* temps and than driving on ice all the way to Indy.
Got to my uncle's house in Charlotte and it was 70* Been here since.

88 yesterday- 50 tomorrow Ice age for the next 5 months. Happy hibernation.
Good luck up there to you and your family. The winter time has many special days packed in it. Days that bring the family together. Remember the good times and be happy. We all know what Christmas is really about :angel: ,