PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever get

No Lawncares
10-04-2005, 04:13 PM
offered a job by one of your commercial accounts? Today I'm mowing one of my accounts and the owner comes out to give me my check and we start to talk about him hiring a new employee. Next thing you know he ask would you like an interview? Well seems how winter is just around the corner and I've always been into electronics and I don't want to sit all winter I said sure. It would be working for an electronic repair shop, great hours and learning something new. I'm pretty sure I'll get the job because this company loves me. Great day in my neighborhood.

olderthandirt
10-04-2005, 04:33 PM
Not me but I had one of my employees hired on the spot for the company he was working on. I mean he quit THEN and went in and got all signed up and started working for them the next day.

impactlandscaping
10-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Who wants to work all winter?LOL..I like to work at doing nothing all day during the winter months. Wife's at work, kid's at school, it's all about ME TIME in the winter :D

No Lawncares
10-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Winter work= extra dollars, and I get really bored so I am going to accept if all goes well.

GreenUtah
10-04-2005, 06:07 PM
my company was bought by a client and I've hired maintenance staffers away from commercial clients (those with plumbing and electrical skills can be converted to very good sprinkler techs in a short amount of time..lol) I too, have had employees pitched and pried while working(esp. sales staffers) and have also done the same when I notice someone with potential. Your people will always be looking for opportunity ( if they are people worth having), so it's your job to create that internally or face losing them. It's also your job to always be looking for pieces that can make your company stronger and better. So game on, folks..lol