PDA

View Full Version : Leaf vacume for trailer

Mortymower
10-05-2005, 01:00 AM
I have a 6X12 open trailer with 12" sides, is there any kind of loader, (Vacume with a hose) that i could mount on there and just use my blower to get leaves to the trailer and then suck them up from there and not fool with bagging? Pictures welcome.

Restrorob
10-05-2005, 06:28 AM
You can check this one out. http://www.littlewonder.com/truckloader.asp

walker-talker
10-05-2005, 09:37 AM
I have the Lesco model with the 16hp. I would suggest getting as large of HP you can afford. I wish I would have bumped up to a 31hp or so. There was a company at the time going out of the leaf vac business and could pick one up for around $3.5K or $4K. I bought this one from a local Lesco dealer for $1500. It had been ordered for a guy that later decided not to buy it and had been sitting around for a year or so. At the time, they retailed for $2200, so I couldn't turn that down.

John Gamba
10-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Walker talker has the unit on the proper place, in front. You can disconnect the trailer and drive on up to the the pile of leaves. If you have fenced yards you can drive up to the gate and stick the hose in the back yard instead of blowing them threw the gate. think about it.

John

LB1234
10-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Walker talker has the unit on the proper place, in front. You can disconnect the trailer and drive on up to the the pile of leaves. If you have fenced yards you can drive up to the gate and stick the hose in the back yard instead of blowing them threw the gate. think about it.

John

We have ours on the BACK of our trailer and feel it is in the proper place. It all depends on YOUR business.

walker-talker
10-05-2005, 05:59 PM
I put mine on the front for a number or reasons. The main purpose was that, for the most part, I am a solo operator. For this reason I need to pull my trailer with me and still be able to load leaves. I had it on the front of the trailer and shooting into the truck, but then I was faced with hauling the loader around with me whether I needed it or not. Since the truck that it is currently mounted to is dedicated to only leaves, it made since to permanately (but is removable if need be) mount it to the truck. The ability to "nose dive" into piles is a big plus, as John stated. Also, since the leaves are loaded to the back first, when it is time to dump they come out much easier, especially if I don't have a full load. Last fall I painted the inside with a graphite based paint and was one of the best things I did. I had a load (22 cubic yards) that had sat in the bed for a week and had been rained on. I guarentee that load would not have came out without that coat of paint.

John Gamba
10-05-2005, 06:33 PM
We have ours on the BACK of our trailer and feel it is in the proper place. It all depends on YOUR business.

And the accounts you have.

John

LB1234
10-05-2005, 06:38 PM
And the accounts you have.

John

Couldn't agree more.