PDA

View Full Version : question about selling route

jason1978
10-05-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm selling my customers due to going into a different business. What do most of you use as a guide as how much to sell the route for?

jimmbo407
10-05-2005, 07:28 PM
Well I just bought a route. I bought a use 4 year old ferris 52" walk behind. A redmax blower 1/2 season old and 14 accounts. The accounts are all high end worth 15,260 if I cut 28 times next season. I DO NOT have contracts with these people, I would have paid more for the accounts if there were contracts ( or service agreements ). I have been working with the old lco this year for a smooth transition I figured in a 25% loose rate for customers ( that is on the high side I only expect to loose these customers if they move.) I paid $4100.00 for the equipment and the route. I hope this helps, I imagine that area your in could dictate what your business is worth also. Let me know what happens, maybe I paid to much lol.

bobbygedd
10-05-2005, 08:01 PM
would a tighter route, be worth more $$$?

Mower For Less
10-06-2005, 01:41 AM
I would pay more for a tighter route, becuase it would be more profitable.

One rule of thumb I have heard for buying ANY business is 4 times yearly PROFIT (Net). This may be tricky as many lawn businesses do not know their TRUE overhead, and thus may not have a true profit figure.

Kevin