PDA

View Full Version : I don't need no stinkin' truck!

lawnguyland
10-05-2005, 08:34 PM
The rear-end of my truck is shot so it's been in the shop since monday. So, you'll love this- I've been riding my mower around town doing my route. It's a 36" with sulky. backpack blower on my back. Backpack with lists, drinks, etc. on front deck. Wacker bungeed to mower. 21" pulled with one leg behind me. I have to go about a mile to my route, but then all the houses are close together, relatively. It's got to be a sight! When I was 12 I used to walk to houses. Now I ride a mower. Talk about ultra-scrubalicious. I really don't need a truck this week though it seems. No leaves to take away yet. I mulch most of the lawns and if I fill a trash bag I leave it at a house. Can't do without a truck for much else, but mowing/trimming blowing has been fun in a way without one. It's amazing what you can get away without having. Also- gotta love close, tight routes.

Anyone else do without the truck for a few days?

lqmustang
10-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Yup. Was without mine for a week after it blew out a spark plug. So I dropped it off and went to the bahamas for a week. :cool2:

Gatewayuser
10-05-2005, 08:40 PM
I going to have to my fuel line got a hole in it today, but I'll just go back 2 years and use the old trailer and SUV.

lawnguyland
10-05-2005, 08:42 PM
I going to have to my fuel line got a hole in it today, but I'll just go back 2 years and use the old trailer and SUV.
It's true, it's like a time warp to childhood. With bigger toys. :)

gman44
10-05-2005, 09:54 PM
One day a week I load up my w/b and ride to 9 accounts . It is a kick in the pants to leave the truck behind for the day . I put a drink holder , hand clipper sheath and extra timmer line on mower . I use Jungle Wheels , a two wheeled sulky . Its the Caddilac of mowers !!!! :cool2:

gman44
10-05-2005, 09:54 PM
The kids love when Mr. G goes by the house on his mower .

Brianslawn
10-05-2005, 10:20 PM
i use fords, so ive never been without a truck. :p

DBL
10-05-2005, 10:24 PM
Brian when did you get up here to pennsylvania and take a picture of my whip

Tom

Keith
10-05-2005, 10:39 PM
You do what you gotta do :cool: Matter of fact, a few years back I lived very close to 50% of my residential accounts. It was nothing for me to leave the trailer at home, ride the mower up to the one of the jobsites, walk back and get the truck with the trimmers, edgers and blowers in the bed and be on my way for the day. After I moved in 2001 I was good ways from these lawns, that is when I really noticed my fuel bill heading up. Well before the price of gas went up 250%.

Jpocket
10-05-2005, 10:52 PM

You say that becuase you have never driven "The Heart Beat of America" The trucks that set the standard for trucks 1ton and under CHEVORLET

kc2006
10-05-2005, 10:57 PM
I saved that picture of the snapper pulling the little trailer and did some editing to see how it would look for me. Looks good I think. :drinkup:

I do all the repairs myself so normally I can get the truck fixed in a short time, but if something happens to my f250 I have my slow10 for backup, scarey using it to pull the trailer but it does the job.

Brianslawn
10-05-2005, 11:22 PM
You say that becuase you have never driven "The Heart Beat of America" The trucks that set the standard for trucks 1ton and under CHEVORLET

actually i have 2 chevys, too. got tired of replacing engines and transmissions every year and having to push the chevy 6.2 deisel up hills. my dad had lots of problems with 3 chevys before switching to dodge. 36k miles and hes already had to replace engines in that now, too.

im still looking for someone to hook bumpers with my new toy... http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=120643 :waving:

kdc... you need a cardboard sign that has kdc written with a marker. itll look better than graphics... lol! :p

we got back-ups of everything and do our own repairs. when we do have a breakdown, we just switch out while repairs are being made.

lawnguyland
10-06-2005, 05:36 AM
It IS a ford!

PMLAWN
10-06-2005, 08:18 AM
It IS a ford!
LOL I have 1 old (90) Ford and it is in the shop now, they tell me it needs a valve job. Tough time to lose a truck but I will do it over winter so just had to put another Ford into service. The van is now pulling the areation rig.
Brianslawn. We have a Chevy 3500 with the Allison in it and I love it. Such a good unit for light trucks. I've got one in my motorhome and it works great though I believe it is bigger(3000 World 6 speed). The motor home is 330 HP with 950 # of torque, 32000 # and we pull a 4000# car. I have been up mountains on both sides of our country and this thing is flawless. Too bad Dodge and Ford don't put HD tranny in their rigs.

PurpHaze
10-06-2005, 08:45 AM
I saved that picture of the snapper pulling the little trailer and did some editing to see how it would look for me. Looks good I think. :drinkup:

I do all the repairs myself so normally I can get the truck fixed in a short time, but if something happens to my f250 I have my slow10 for backup, scarey using it to pull the trailer but it does the job.

ROFLMAO! :dizzy: