PDA

View Full Version : A tribute to the 2-cycle Lawn boy

snapper48
10-05-2005, 10:06 PM
I just thought it was about time for me take a formal approach and put a thank you out there..I am 21 years old and have just finished my 4th year in the commercial lawn mowing business..and sadly it is the last one for me, I'm going to Kettering University (formerly GMI in Flint Mi). Anyways, no more summers for me so the business goes to my partner for now..
Back to the point..2 years ago I bought a snapper pro 48..10 years old, loop handles, not running etc..the owner threw in a broken lawn-boy 10660..he said go to town, $500 for both..Now I have to tell you, I put a coil on that lawn boy and cleaned up the contacts..That sucker has ran first pull literally since the second I put that coil on. I have had to have put over 400 hours on that thing and it just won't stop...It is without doubt the most reliable piece of machinery I have ever owned, and I am sad to see that there will be no more 2 strokes..So for those out there with the indestructible lawn-boy...good choice! And also, anyone near flint or grand rapids need an operator who can mow decently..send me a message..I miss striping!
Seeya guys..

gman44
10-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Nice plug for Lawn-boy. It served you well . Good luck at school , keep in mind the lessons you learned caring for peoples property. Honesty , respect and communication will help you thru your education .

Keith
10-06-2005, 12:02 AM
I bought my first Lawn-Boy, probably the year you were born. It was used, maybe 3 years old and it served me well. I had several after that, none were as good as that first one. Here is to first Lawn-Boys :drinkup:

lawnboy dan
10-16-2005, 10:15 PM
i love them so much thay i have 9 of them .nothing can outpreform them in tall thick st aug grass. they cut what others cant .:realmad: jeers to the EPA