PDA

View Full Version : Is this 2005?

6'7 330
10-06-2005, 12:11 AM
We received a call to give an estimate to an elderly couple,They just moved in from another state. Very expensive million dollar home, the man appeared well educated.Our terms were agreeable to them, but as we were about to sign the contract, the man or more appropriately the grand wizard, blurts out I would like to inquire if you employ Mexican workers. I replied, Mexicanís make up 99.99% of our workers, and it is a 100% chance Mexicanís will be performing the work on your lawn.

Grand wizard boldly blurts out ,we do not want Mexicans working on our premises,they are thieves and cutthroats. I told him fine good luck on your quest for a company without Mexican help. As I left I said o by the way does your wife have a condition? He replied that she was very good health. I said that sure is odd, I could swear she was sickly, she looked just a like a brick; flat on both sides, dirty, and layed by Mexicans.

Since they appeared to be time warped in 1925, I gave them a 1925 witticism lol.

TriCountyLawn
10-06-2005, 12:17 AM
We get alot of work in very high class areas just for this reason.

QualityLawnCare4u
10-06-2005, 12:41 AM
We received a call to give an estimate to an elderly couple,They just moved in from another state. Very expensive million dollar home, the man appeared well educated.Our terms were agreeable to them, but as we were about to sign the contract, the man or more appropriately the grand wizard, blurts out I would like to inquire if you employ Mexican workers. I replied, Mexicanís make up 99.99% of our workers, and it is a 100% chance Mexicanís will be performing the work on your lawn.

Grand wizard boldly blurts out ,we do not want Mexicans working on our premises,they are thieves and cutthroats. I told him fine good luck on your quest for a company without Mexican help. As I left I said o by the way does your wife have a condition? He replied that she was very good health. I said that sure is odd, I could swear she was sickly, she looked just a like a brick; flat on both sides, dirty, and layed by Mexicans.

Since they appeared to be time warped in 1925, I gave them a 1925 witticism lol.

Now Bill, that wasnt nice :) LOL I liked it!

olderthandirt
10-06-2005, 01:16 AM
I would have told the man I would try and make sure no mexicans worked at his house UNTIL he signed the contract. After that it makes no differnce who you send to do the work and you could have laughed at him on your way to the bank. Might have told him the mexs were gonna use the $$$ to buy a home in his neighbor hood. Then watch how fast the sale sign goes up, once sold the warrenty on any work you performed is null and void :angel:

PMLAWN
10-06-2005, 07:47 AM
Now Bill, you know better. All bricks layed on the south side have been layed by drunk Irishmen.

windshadow
10-06-2005, 09:23 AM
cheap labor is partly to blame for low rates! and yes this is 2005.I am living now. look at the construction sites all mexican ,print shops turnning into mexicans and the pay rates are going down. I think the old man man has a point. I also know it is easy for them to green cards so I do not belive it when there bosses say they are all cleared to work in the USA! How much of what they make in the USA stays here? I think it is called negative dollars. I am not saying every worker falls into this picture but what I am saying is there are to many that do. Ther are to many folks out in the work world that hire cheap labor not to say anyone here is doing that but if you are you should be put out on the streets for helping to creat low rates ! I also think saying they steal was wrong on his part,if they did they would not be able to get work in this country. So when the rates stay low and they will dont cry! lawn boys are cheap! and so are the people that hire cheap labor they are just as bad as lawn boys!

lawnprosteveo
10-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Unfortunately there are alot of biggots like him still running around thinking its the 1940's

allamericanlawnservices
10-06-2005, 03:36 PM
You don't give them the option to press 1 for English? Seriously, his concern should have been only that the workers were in this country legally. My city is being overrun by illegals and I really don't care that they are a cheap source of labor. I advocate the government doling out heavy fines for those that employ these people, as that is the only way to stop the colonization of our country by the third world country to our south.

Albemarle Lawn
10-06-2005, 03:42 PM
Time to look "South of the Border"

grassyfras
10-06-2005, 06:53 PM
You might not even have to answer that question legally.

cborden
10-06-2005, 07:41 PM
The question about using Mexican labor is being asked more often around here (central Indiana). We get a lot of work because we don't have any, (I think it would be a lot easier sometimes if I did), but business is business and a biggets' money is just as green as anyones' and I'm more that happy to take it.

6'7 330
10-06-2005, 08:10 PM
You don't give them the option to press 1 for English? Seriously, his concern should have been only that the workers were in this country legally. My city is being overrun by illegals and I really don't care that they are a cheap source of labor. I advocate the government doling out heavy fines for those that employ these people, as that is the only way to stop the colonization of our country by the third world country to our south.

First off, my fiancť is Mexican, and it pissed me off the guy called ALL Mexicanís thieves and cutthroats.

Our employeeís are legal, we take all steps required by the government and Irs.The wages we pay our guys are far from low, we pay very good wages.
Despite the wages we pay, you can count on one finger how many red white and blue boys we have applying ,who are not crack heads ,dope heads or drunks.

but business is business and a biggets' money is just as green as anyones' and I'm more that happy to take it.
The guy refused to sign the contract after he was told the workers performing services at his residence would be Mexicanís, he was a bigot with conviction I will give him that.

1MajorTom
10-06-2005, 10:30 PM
Enough. After what was said here and removed, this discussion is closed.
Keep that filth off of here.