PDA

View Full Version : Education in organics...Where to start?

LawnBrother
10-06-2005, 12:40 PM
Currently I do nothing but mowing and brush removal, etc., I do not fertilize or apply chemicals of any kind, but I really want to take my business in a direction of completely organic lawncare, meaning organic, environmentally friendly fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides, and of course aeration, etc. As of right now, I essentially know nothing about it. I am hoping some of the more educated members can point me in the right direction to get me started educating myself regarding the science, principals, and proper application and usage of organics. Where should I start? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

nocutting
10-07-2005, 01:03 AM
"Hello Brother", Sorry us Organic Guys dont have the Clout of the Chemical Guys[ in my state "Cornell Co-operative Extension " has a whole manual "the how to of Chemicals"]lol,lol,lol., really its called conell recommends......basically its like this, you need a program that matchs the chemicals guys program, app for app.........I'd start reading some books put out by "Rodale Press", while most are about organic gardening, all the rite princepals are there.....next source your materials........work out a cost per 1000sqft and you're off............ :waving: :cool2:

LawnBrother
10-07-2005, 10:08 AM
Thanks nocutting, I'll check out some of the reading materials you suggested. Also, the organic FAQs at the top of this forum are very informative, but if anyone else has any suggested reading I'd love to hear about it, thanks!