PDA

View Full Version : In Need Of Professional Help With Bid

JB's Lawn
10-06-2005, 09:05 PM
I did not receive any help the frist time I posted this so Iam trying again. I need help with a bid. It is an apartment complex that I am bidding on and it is a 24,802sq.ft. shaped as half circle around a pound. The ground mostly flat with some grades down toward the pound however most of the slop is no more than a 45 degree. They are trying to get grass to grow in this area however have been unsuccessful. The ground itself is solid clay and gravel in which explains why no grass is growing. The previous contractor put down grass seed and fert. on top. My question is what is the best way to handle this. There are also ducks and geese in the area. Do I regrade this area and spread topsoil? if so with what equipment and how much? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

joshua
10-06-2005, 11:38 PM
how do they expect to cut grass on a 45 degree slope once its seeded?

olderthandirt
10-06-2005, 11:53 PM
hydroseed with a lot of tackifier or pin sod down. R U sure its 45 degree slope ?
That would be hard to get any machinery on to work up the soil
BTW-- cost would depend on what if any equipment could be used on the slope

JB's Lawn
10-07-2005, 09:01 AM
hydroseed with a lot of tackifier or pin sod down. R U sure its 45 degree slope ?
That would be hard to get any machinery on to work up the soil
BTW-- cost would depend on what if any equipment could be used on the slope

I understand, however if you were able to regrade the slope down etc.

olderthandirt
10-07-2005, 09:26 AM
I understand, however if you were able to regrade the slope down etc.

You cant "drag" the soil down or you start to fill the pond. From your desciption [help if you posted pics] it sounds like you need a small dozer to work the slopes. Side hill a wheeled machine and it would hava a high probability of rolling. Backing down to the pond and pulling the dirt up even witth a 4x4 tractor would be awful tricky and probably to time consuming to make the job profitable. The only solution with out seeing it would be a 4x4 tractor with a fels loaded for counter weight and a harley rake. back down to the pond and rake toward the top. But even that way you gonna have some sore cheeks from keeping them clenched on a 45 degree slope.

Lawnworks
10-08-2005, 05:14 PM
But even that way you gonna have some sore cheeks from keeping them clenched on a 45 degree slope.

.......lol