PDA

View Full Version : how good is a MARUYANA BL690

befnme
10-06-2005, 09:36 PM
just wondering your comments on a MARUYANA COMMERCIAL BACKPACK BLOWER BL690.what would be a good price to pay for a used one ? how strong are they ?

PROCUT1
10-06-2005, 09:52 PM
maruyana?.......isnt that stuff illegal?

befnme
10-06-2005, 10:10 PM
sorry i mean MARYANA.

bluemoon7
10-06-2005, 10:34 PM
Do you mean Maruyama ?

Cobra Jock
10-06-2005, 11:22 PM
I live pretty close to Marianna, Florida, Hehehehehe. Yes, he probably means Maruyama. IMO, they make good equipment. I have no personal experience with that particular model of backpack blower, but they do make good, long- lasting equipment. It can be hard to find a dealer so make sure there is one close by.

Greg

befnme
10-06-2005, 11:31 PM
thanx for the correct spelling i have seen several different spellings of it and thought i was right.thanx for the info also.i found a cheap one and didnt know if it was in the homelite or stihl catagory.

Island LawnScapes
10-07-2005, 06:06 PM
I don't have any experience with the BL690 but I recently purchased a new Maruyama PB6700 as a back up for my Echo PB403. It is such a powerful machine that the Echo is now the back up. The Maruyama's are a bit thirsty for fuel when compared to the Echo but has over 200mph nozzle speed. It's has a great filtration system for the engine so engine life should be good. The only complaint I have are the shoulder straps, they detached at the most inopportune times. All in all a very good machine.

befnme
10-07-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't have any experience with the BL690 but I recently purchased a new Maruyama PB6700 as a back up for my Echo PB403. It is such a powerful machine that the Echo is now the back up. The Maruyama's are a bit thirsty for fuel when compared to the Echo but has over 200mph nozzle speed. It's has a great filtration system for the engine so engine life should be good. The only complaint I have are the shoulder straps, they detached at the most inopportune times. All in all a very good machine.

THANKS FOR THE REVIEW. :waving:

S man
10-07-2005, 08:25 PM
Check out redmax because they are the same basically. Maruyama is just a fancy redmax. I have a trimmer from them and love it. A little cheaper than mary.

Envy Lawn Service
10-07-2005, 10:35 PM
This brand has actually gained some ground around here. I know a guy who runs them exclusively for 2 cycle stuff. He is pleased with his and has not had to replace anything in several years.

I might be off on this, but I think they use Kawasaki engines.
I've never checked to see if the whole machine is the same though.

I like the air boxes on the blowers.

Keith
10-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Never used the blowers. But over the years I had a Maruyama trimmer, edger, short reach hedge trimmer, and a Toro-branded Maruyama pole saw. I can't really complain about them, but it got really hard to find dealers that had parts, or any inventory for that matter. In my area anyway, Maruyama is kinda hard to get excited over.

Envy Lawn Service
10-07-2005, 10:55 PM
This brand has actually gained some ground around here. I know a guy who runs them exclusively for 2 cycle stuff. He is pleased with his and has not had to replace anything in several years.

I might be off on this, but I think they use Kawasaki engines.
I've never checked to see if the whole machine is the same though.

I like the air boxes on the blowers.

Keith
10-07-2005, 11:07 PM
I know at least some of the Maruyama blowers did use Kawi engines before, so I am sure they still do. BTW, is Marietta Sentry the distributor up that way too?

Envy Lawn Service
10-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Yeah they are...

Are they a decent distributor?

Keith
10-08-2005, 12:05 AM
I really have very little experience with them. I only found out they were our distributor when I contacted Maruyama about replacement parts. They were a Grasshopper distributor at one time. I used to have to cross over in to their territory because I refused to deal with Live Oak, the south Florida GH distributor. I think they were a Redmax distributor up until a couple of years ago as well.

lawnboy dan
10-15-2005, 09:52 PM
redmax and mauaryama are not from the same company. i have several units but not a backpack. finding a dealer is a big problem around here but all mine have been extremly reliable except they all leak gas from the gas tanks fuel line fitting. their weedeater is exceptional. avoid the stickedger if you do mostly st aug . its works great for shorter grasses but the gaurd hangs up in tall grass. great hedgetrimmers. only redmax is better imho. my mauryama dealer cant even get air filters any more. beware parts can be an issue

Keith
10-16-2005, 07:37 PM
all mine have been extremly reliable except they all leak gas from the gas tanks fuel line fitting.

They still have not fixed that problem, huh? :eek: Mine all did it too.