PDA

View Full Version : Edgit

Handy Randy
10-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Was curious if anyone out there in lawnmower land has tried this adaptor for your string trimmer. and if so what do you think. www.Edgit.com

cborden
10-06-2005, 11:41 PM
Absolutely love it. I have them on all but one of my trimmers and it has a blade for brush / weeds, or it would have one on it also. After a little use, to become accustomed to it, you can trim, maintain an edge and we use them to mow tight areas. All in all, well worth the money in my opinion.

befnme
10-07-2005, 12:46 AM
never used one but after seeing the video i think it would be a great investment.

Wells
10-07-2005, 02:36 AM
Use the money to buy yourself an edger.

micah79
10-07-2005, 03:18 AM
I was gonna get one, but it doesn't work with Husqvarna trimmers, and I'm glad I didn't. I then purchased a stick edger. I Run by the curb with my stick edger. I couldnt imagine it working better than an edger???

alwaysgreener
10-07-2005, 08:27 AM
We also use them on all our trimmers.When you send your crews out to do 50 plus homes a day its Saves a lot of time and looks just as good a a stick edger. They do the walks, drives, curbs and all flower and tree beds and go right on trimming the yard then walk on down to the next one. Brickman also has there army equipped with them.

dmc456
10-07-2005, 08:30 AM
AWESOME !!!

Would never own a trimmer that I could not put one on.

Not only is it great for edging, but makes it better for cutting around houses, under fences, tall grass, etc....

They normally have them at the expo for $50. Ordering is something like $75 once you add shipping and their normal price.

BobR
10-07-2005, 09:19 AM
Was curious if anyone out there in lawnmower land has tried this adaptor for your string trimmer. and if so what do you think. www.Edgit.com

Every one has an opinion -- Mine is I wouldnt use a trimmer without an 'EDGIT', the extra weight is not an issue as you are rolling it most of the time.

BobR

khutch
10-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Edgit works very well for me - Solo=BIG savings in time!
It is not a true "Edger" but cuts much more like an edger than a string trimmer w/o an Edgit. Can not beat a stick edger for overgrown untrimmed edges, but an Edgit gives a very clean controlled cut. My Sthil stick usually only gets used on new properties early in the season.
I don't think you are really qualified to comment if you haven't used one.
Good investment. C'mon on it's like $70! Pays for itself in time savings...
I've never lost a customer because he said"Gee, ya know I'm dropping you. I like the way that guy gets his edge cut with that other thing."

procut
10-08-2005, 08:48 PM
I recently bought one after a fellow lawn buddy kept telling me how great they are. At first I wasn't really impressed and considered taking it off, but now that I am used to it I really like it. Bought it for like $48.00 off eBay.

mcwlandscaping
10-08-2005, 09:06 PM
OK, now that i have read that alot of people like them, will they work on my stihl (the one in my signiture)? Thanks!

Also, how easy is the install and the removal of it if it is necessary?

SoloMow
10-09-2005, 09:02 PM
Never liked mine much on a Kawasaki trimmer. The edge was okay, but not sharp like I get now with my RedMax stick edger. Nothing like edging with an edger! :cool:

alwaysgreener
10-10-2005, 07:21 AM
OK, now that i have read that alot of people like them, will they work on my stihl (the one in my signiture)? Thanks!

Also, how easy is the install and the removal of it if it is necessary?

Yes they work on sthil. Very easy to install and remove.

beaver29
10-10-2005, 02:20 PM
Can you trim up close to objects with it on or does it get in the way and bump the object before string hits it.

elamey
10-10-2005, 02:49 PM
I love my edgit. It saves loads of time. There is no problem getting close to things, you simply bump the string until it's outside of the disk a little ways. Besides edging, I like it because of wooden fences. You can leave the string totally underneath the disk. No scratching/scoring wooden fences. The same principal applies to air conditioners. All the string is underneath the disc, it's easier to keep from damaging things.

Finally the last think I like is you can let out 16" or more of string. You can let as much string out as your trimmer will turn. So in effect you can "mow" areas without getting out the push mower. It gives you a much bigger cutting area.

You'll love it!

beaver29
10-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Anyone have this on a Stihl FS100R trimmer? Cause I can not figure out how to install it on my trimmer.

alwaysgreener
10-10-2005, 04:38 PM
Yes. Whats the problem?

trying 2b organic
10-10-2005, 05:56 PM
I took mine off cause i thought it was getting bent or warped and i really miss it. Now i see that unless you have an edgit you do need a stick edger.

What is the life span on them? Is it normal that after 1 yr commercial use it would be a bit bent, I double checked that everything on my Shin was straight.

After thinking long and hard the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. (the dis being extra weight and no good in corners)

tsh1773
10-10-2005, 06:08 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get one? None are currently listed on Ebay.

beaver29
10-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Alwaysgreener:
I called edgit they told me it will not fit on a Stihl FS100R. How did you install yours?

trying 2b organic
10-10-2005, 06:25 PM
What the heck?? The pics on the edgit site show people running with it -- in front -- you you. Does anyone actually use it like that? I let it drag behind me, ive been using it happily for a yr btw.

edit, ah, i think you have to push it if you trim right handed, i followed the advise and now trim left handed.