PDA

View Full Version : 52" exmark vs gravely

spinrider2000
10-07-2005, 03:40 PM
For next year I want to purchase a 52" in either a exmark or gravely. Does anyone have knowledge of both and advantages of either one. Most in my location use the exmark brand. I have been using the small gravely 34z with the 15hp kaw for the residentals. Good mower, but no size for a big yard. There must be a good reason for all the exmarks? I do not mind spending the $$, but I want to make one buy that will do the job. thanks for any help!

Envy Lawn Service
10-07-2005, 03:47 PM
I don't see any reason why you should not go for the PM152Z.
Then you have a pair of Gravelys.

I have to wonder though... why are you restricting yourself to a 52"???

Unless there is a clearance issue in a lot of places, you can put a 60" in all the same places... and the production difference is remarkable.

spinrider2000
10-07-2005, 04:05 PM
No reason for not a 60". Really interested in the cut, mower reliability, just the stuff that someone could tell me who had experienced both brands...

John Gamba
10-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Most in my location use the exmark brand. thanks for !

Think why this is?????????

John

Envy Lawn Service
10-07-2005, 08:50 PM
No reason for not a 60". Really interested in the cut, mower reliability, just the stuff that someone could tell me who had experienced both brands...

Consider the 60" mowers too then.
In my opinion, the extra production and efficiency makes them a lot more cost effective over time.

As for the cut, let no one influence you there. The only safe bet is to demo both. But make sure you use them to cut all the types of growth you cut before drawing a conclusion. It's easy to fall in love with a mower on the first nice lawn it cuts.... only to find out after buying it that it does really lousy at other jobs.

Beyond that, all I can think of to tell you is that both brands are making improvements on their offerings, including the decks. So if you are not in a hurry, you may want to wait until the '06 models start shipping.