PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Line Update

Gatewayuser
10-07-2005, 04:12 PM
Boy talk about a shocker. Chevy called me today and said it will be $1300-1400 to fix my fuel lines instead of the $310 because they are worse off than they thought. And they will have my truck to me by 6:00 today( I hope they do). Luckily they said my brake lines are in great shape.

Gatewayuser
10-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Man this sucks my truck won't be ready till Monday afternoon so I'll lose around $800-1000 in lost work.

lawnmaniac883
10-07-2005, 07:44 PM
And why is it that you cant replace your own fuel lines?

Gatewayuser
10-07-2005, 08:12 PM
Because #1 fuel tank needs to be dropped #2 everything is super rusty #3 if I replaced them it would take a week or 2 and #4 on this truck there are 4 lines and wrap around the frame.

Lawn Masters
10-07-2005, 09:06 PM
dont you just wish this would happen in the off season? then again, this is why I've got 2 trucks, one as my backup in case the primary breaks down, so I dont lose much in work that doesnt get done.

Gatewayuser
10-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Thats true, thats why I'm getting ready to buy another truck but I wish it could of broke then.

grass_cuttin_fool
10-07-2005, 09:43 PM
I beleive this late on friday I would search the paper for a good used truck this weekend. They wont be working on it this weekend anyway.$1400 to fix it and you loosing another 1000, you might could find a used truck for $2500 and fix the other ttruck this winter. Im not sure what kind of services you provide but grass season is shutting down soon and you would have time to fix it then

Gatewayuser
10-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm a full service company, so I can't wait till winter I will get the old trailer and SUV out tomorrow the trailer has not been used for 2 years and suv has'nt pulled in two years either so thats going to be a lot of fun (not).

Jason Rose
10-07-2005, 11:40 PM
Well I'll bite... I have never heard of fuel lines rusting! I thought they were all stainless, aluminium, and rubber hose. What year is your chevy truck? Is this a mfg. defect in any way? Like poor grade stainless that has rusted? I assume they are rusting on the inside and then flaking off and clogging injectors?

For that kind of money I'd bet you could say nevermind to the shop and buy 20' of rubber fuel line and "improvise' a new line from the tank to the engine easy enough.

Just my 2 cents...

Gatewayuser
10-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Its a 1992 and fuel lines on most vehicles are made of regular steel and salt and mud really make them rust. Also the way this truck works is it has 4 fuel lines, a high pressure, a reg fuel line, a vent line and a return line so you can't just throw something on it and call it fixed. I always like things done right the first time that way I don't have to fix it again. So all of you should check your brake and fuel lines, one time my brake line rusted out and lets just say it sucks to lose your brakes! Also you can have stainless put on but it cost a whole lot more.