PDA

View Full Version : lawn mower

walkerowner06
10-07-2005, 05:46 PM
I am thinking about purchasing a new walker lawn mower. i am thinking about buying either the MT model with the 26hp engine and 9.5 bushel catcher or the MD model with the 20hp diesel engine and 9.5 bushel catcher. i like both of them but i am wondering which one is the best out of both of them.

Brianslawn
10-07-2005, 07:24 PM
26.... though i like 18 best of all.

Cobra Jock
10-07-2005, 07:41 PM
I am thinking about purchasing a new walker lawn mower. i am thinking about buying either the MT model with the 26hp engine and 9.5 bushel catcher or the MD model with the 20hp diesel engine and 9.5 bushel catcher. i like both of them but i am wondering which one is the best out of both of them.

Is the 26 E.F.I.? If so, they can be a lot of trouble IMO. Very few mechanics can figure them out so I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole, especially if your not mechanically inclined. You are going to get people on here that tell you how great they are, and I would agree: WHEN THEY AREN'T HAVING E.F.I. ISSUES! Buy the MTGHS with the 20 HP engine. Get 2 - 42 inch decks one for mulch and one for bagging. Just my .02

Greg

thartz
10-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Cobra-one of my buddies said the same thing about the EFI system( he owns 2).My walker is a Kohler 20 and it works well.I would let the kinks get worked out of the new model before I would buy IMHO.

Brianslawn
10-07-2005, 09:05 PM
my efi is in the shop more than on yards. got tired of idiots at dealership and called kohler directly. 48' deck with von ruden gearboxes. you can catch and mulch with same deck.