PDA

View Full Version : Need Input about truck and plow

Drew Gemma
10-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Local lco is giving it up after 5 years he is moving out west good for me. He has 20 accounts that i consider worth while. A 2003 chevy 3/4 ton 4x4 w/air.
A boss v plow with all the bells and whistles. plus a spreader. what is the truck and plow worth. truck has 26,000 miles. he want flat money for the accounts but I am only willing to pay % of sales. thanks guys.

Itsgottobegreen
10-11-2005, 07:03 PM
this is more of a plowsite.com question for the truck. Personally I would go for a blizzard 810 snow plow. The boss plows have a real bad habit of not tripping when in the V and scoop postions. So you can mess them up real bad when you hit something and bend the frame on your truck.

mcwlandscaping
10-11-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, since i was 8, i have been useing the fisher plow that my dads office plows with. I love it. I prefer the trip edge over the trip blade, and the times that they had to have the plow serviced, it was quick and innexpensive (so i heard)! I know i don't have the professional experiance of a true plower but but i can honestly say the next fall, ill be picking up a new Fisher for the truck i get when i get my lisence! Good Luck, just my 2 cents, oh, plowsite is great by the way!!

mcwlandscaping
10-11-2005, 07:08 PM
ooops, somehow above post got posted again, sorry!

walker-talker
10-11-2005, 07:11 PM
If you plan on using the truck for plowing, you might find if it has a plow package installed, wouldn't want to tear up your front end.

xcopterdoc
10-11-2005, 09:19 PM
These posts are the strangest of all!
How do we know what the truck is worth?
We havent driven it, seen it ect.
Whats the blue book value? you can get that online.
Whats the price of a used plow? whats the condition?
Not trying or meaning to be a wise azz but really...
If ya want only opinions... you'll get a 1000 of em.... You want advice.. do yur own research, take the truck to a shop and pay to have em look it over.

lqmustang
10-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Hey Drew, keep in mind when trying to determine a value for the truck/plow combo that plowing will normally decrease the value of the truck due to the heavy load that plowing puts on the truck. If it was me I would likely not offer more than average retail for the truck, including the plow and the salter. This of couse would also be based on actually seeing and driving the truck, and making sure the plow and salter function properly.