PDA

View Full Version : Aeration seed question

grassyfras
10-08-2005, 03:46 AM
Just aerated most my lawns past few days. Temps have droped about 20 degrees. Were in the low 70s for the next week or so at least with lower tempss in the 40's or so. I'm worried about complaints already. Will some of this seed germinate in the spring or do you think Ill get some good germination this year or am I just in a hole.

rodfather
10-08-2005, 08:50 AM
You should still get something this year since the ground temp is still above 50. And what doesn't come up this year will probably germinate in the Springtime. I wouldn't get my shorts in a bunch (you tell your customers that) as well.

Premo Services
10-08-2005, 09:02 AM
I agree with rodfather, dont get your shorts in a bunch (LOL)
Yea, I am still doing aerations and seeding. I think if the bare areas are protected and it is getting the water it needs, it will be ok. The weather will more than likely warm up a little and do some good. What doesn not germinate now In the spring it will come up good...

Mscotrid
10-08-2005, 09:54 AM
With any seed project, It's all about the water. You have left a long enough window for the seed to germinate this year. It's not uncommon lately too see 60-70's in St Louis thru November.

grassyfras
10-08-2005, 10:32 AM
OK sweet guys thanks. No shorts in a bundle I like it. We say panties in bundle here LOL