PDA

View Full Version : I know most won't agree

DynaMow
10-08-2005, 12:38 PM
OK give it to me but this is what I did. In our town it is alright to post things on utility poles, so here is what I did.

I laminated a 8.5 x 11 bright gold card stock and all it says is Leaf Cleanup and a phone number.

Unprofessional? I think yes (thats why no company name)
So why did I do it? I believe that alot of people think that they do not need a "professional" to clean up leafs. Thats who I am targeting.

A test for me to see what happens. It just might work.

I am done now you can let me have it. I'm ready!

Cigarcop
10-08-2005, 12:43 PM
Good luck with it, you never know until you try something and maybe your phone will be ringing off the hook soon.
Your right about some people not wanting or thinking about a professional look for services. Most of the time it boils down to the dollar.

Brianslawn
10-08-2005, 12:56 PM
make sure you give those people a slightly lower unprofessional hourly rate, then take 3 times as long to do the job as what a professional does. thats how customers are around here. as long as hourly rate is a bit lower, they dont care how long it takes, or that they spend more in the long run.

DynaMow
10-08-2005, 06:23 PM
I am not getting the responses I was looking for, good or bad

Dashunde
10-08-2005, 06:39 PM

It's only been SIX hours since your start of this thread...

When did you staple the sign up?

mbricker
10-08-2005, 06:51 PM
If stapling notices to utility poles is legal where you are, then that practice would not be unprofessional, IMHO. It is just another form of advertising. Aggressive advertising brings in more response. More response gives you more chances to bid. More chances to bid means (probably) more jobs.

Go for it.

ed2hess
10-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Good Luck....in our area the sign police would be all over you. We can't put any signs up at all. I see people driving down the street stop and run out and rip signs down. The city/state puts up a 1000 signs everywhere but our little sign aren't acceptable.

lawnman_scott
10-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Thats legal here too, but most use a magic marker and an old cardboard box, thats why it seems unprofessional. So I would say its worth a shot, why not try it if the price is right.

General Landscaping
10-08-2005, 09:21 PM
I think you might make a hit with some people.
It'll probably be the ones looking for bottom dollar service.

Good thing to leave the company name off.

mcwlandscaping
10-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Tried it once and some other dumba** kids ripped it down. Won't waste my time or money again on something like that. Good Luck with yours though, i may try taping the remaining two that i kept to the side of the truck while on a job, they have big enough lettering to read, worth a try and it gets some more paper out of my room, lol! Good Luck with yours!

yrdandgardenhandyman
10-09-2005, 12:29 AM

OK
WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU? DON'T YOU HAVE ANY PRIDE? YOU SHOULD BE SHIPPED OFF TO SOME ISLAND OR EVEN A SPACE STATION, IDIOT!

How's that? :jester:

DynaMow
10-09-2005, 09:32 AM
OK
WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU? DON'T YOU HAVE ANY PRIDE? YOU SHOULD BE SHIPPED OFF TO SOME ISLAND OR EVEN A SPACE STATION, IDIOT!

How's that? :jester:

Nice response, I am so tired of trying to get feedback and jerkoffs like you responding with nonsense.

Where do you get off, sure is easy to say things like this hidden behind a keyboard. You would never say that to my face. I GUARANTEE THAT!!!!

so yrdandgardenhandyman try going back into your cocoon, and come back out as a man. I think you showed all of us who the idiot is. and by the way you are as stupid as Jethro.

lawnwizards
10-09-2005, 11:09 AM
Nice response, I am so tired of trying to get feedback and jerkoffs like you responding with nonsense.

Where do you get off, sure is easy to say things like this hidden behind a keyboard. You would never say that to my face. I GUARANTEE THAT!!!!

so yrdandgardenhandyman try going back into your cocoon, and come back out as a man. I think you showed all of us who the idiot is. and by the way you are as stupid as Jethro.apparently you can't take a joke. he was just poking fun at ya because of your comment that youre not getting the right responses (good or bad). and around my part if you have AEP service then it is illegal to put signs on poles.. just asked my wife who works for them.

yrdandgardenhandyman
10-09-2005, 02:26 PM

so yrdandgardenhandyman try going back into your cocoon, and come back out as a man. I think you showed all of us who the idiot is. and by the way you are as stupid as Jethro.

Damn. You asked, no, practically begged for a flaming response and I gave it to you, in jest of course. You need to lighten up a bit. Having a bad day? :alien:
No insult intended but if that's the way you choose to take it, oh well.

DynaMow
10-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Damn. You asked, no, practically begged for a flaming response and I gave it to you, in jest of course. You need to lighten up a bit. Having a bad day? :alien:
No insult intended but if that's the way you choose to take it, oh well.

Sorry, did not get it as a joke my bad.